• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Treeguy

Jan 14, 2010
    Boonsboro
    My vote is for a 10/22..i bought a few .22 to shoot this year and out of a few guns the 10/22 is most accurate and fun to shoot. Pistol wise i would say it depends on what type you like. Ruger mark III hunter is very nice..http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIIHunter/index.html

Hey i need my wife to hang with yours for a bit...you are a lucky man. Mine is always saying more ammo..WHY? she has no idea..i try to explain though

When it comes to guns..my wife is always saying you dont need more..how many does it take to shoot a deer..blah blah...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Whenever Mrs Biggfoot says " you need that" , it's yes Dear.
    If its " I like how that one looks" , then I gets it without debate.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    After taxes come back I'm going to be looking for a .22 revolver probably a S&W and maybe a rifle as well as last weekend at the range my 12 y/o granddaughter really liked shooting the Hi Point 9 mm carbine. So I think a .22 rifle maybe a good idea.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I would advise you to get a Marlin Model 60 for the rifle. There is a reason they are the number one selling .22 in the U.S. you just can't find all the after market stuff for them, but why would you want to change a 160 dollar .22 any? guys go out and buy a 10/22 and then put 500 bucks in aftermarket stuff on them. :sad20:
    I have both and the 60 is the real deal for inexpensive .22s

best would be shoot both guns in a stock version and then you decide.
    I have no recommendation on the hand gun

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Mrs Biggfoot will not shoot semiauto pistols larger than .22 .
    But since she favors .357 and .41 revolvers, not a problem.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Yeah! PM me that koolaide recipe!!:lol2:

(The other folks covered what you were looking for pretty well, and that recipe is what I'm looking for:D)

The recipe is really quite involved...it took 22 years to perfect and 14 deployments to make her want me home. All the rest... I just give her what she wants, and I get what I want.

carpentermatt

Feb 9, 2009
    My vote is for a 10/22 and the Ruger Hunter. Both are great out of the box and have a lot of aftermarket upgrades if that is the route that you want to go. I love shooting my Hunter almost as much as the centerfires, and after 500 rounds you are only out less than $20 instead of $120:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom