• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Alright.....Sat. is 8/15. Sun. is 8/16 what day are you going? I dont go near MG on the weekends ususally. You were just checking to see if we could read a calendar. Have fun the weather is supposed to be great.

IanCaw

Aug 5, 2007
    8/22 instead

I was out of state on the 16th, but I was there this morning, the 22nd, so if anyone else from here was there, I was the guy shooting the gsg5 in a blue coast guard shirt. Most everyone there had some cool hardware, and no one made any dumb mistakes like walking out onto a hot range.

Good times.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Best you take you own targets, might want to take some cardboard backing/stapler (as a backup) if the netting is shot up, if the netting is not shot up you can hang your targets with clothline pins.

Dodgem250

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 1, 2009
    Indian Head, Merland
    Luck of the draw...

My wife and I go to Myrtle Grove quite a bit, you never what the situation is gonna be there though, it's the luck of the draw down there. It could be nobody one day, could be packed the next, could be good guys with lots of experience, could be young guys who should never had been able to get a hand gun.

For the most part, it's easier to get in there in the afternoons, most guys try to run the "black friday door buster" in the mornings on the place. It has 8 tables and you better be lucky to get one most of the time, some of them fellas come packed for a "day-cation"

Always take your stapler and your targets, and make dang sure you have your range permit ($20.00 a year or $5.00 a day) if not, the green guy will slap with a $125.00 Trespassing On State Property fine, and he don't ask questions and he don't smile and say have a great day either.

What they should do is put a roof on the joint for bad weather days.

sheriff160

Nov 1, 2009
    Waldorf, Maryland
    I always seem to get a goofball next to me when I have gone to that range. Twice I have been there and had to put up with someone who just wants to hear their firearms make noise. They load up 50 magazines with half a dozen guns and just start blasting non stop. I am on the end bench trying to sight in a .22 rifle and its like trying to do that in the middle of a fire fight. If Myrtle Grove had a range officer on duty it would be a much nicer and safer place. I only go as a last resort.

Dodgem250

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 1, 2009
    Indian Head, Merland
    I always seem to get a goofball next to me when I have gone to that range. Twice I have been there and had to put up with someone who just wants to hear their firearms make noise. They load up 50 magazines with half a dozen guns and just start blasting non stop. I am on the end bench trying to sight in a .22 rifle and its like trying to do that in the middle of a fire fight. If Myrtle Grove had a range officer on duty it would be a much nicer and safer place. I only go as a last resort.

LOL, that's exactly what I meant when I said some of them guys should never have been able to get a hand gun, they are there for no other purpose other than to hear it go bang bang as fast as they can, and they could care less if they are even close to the paper.

I go there for the same reason, to sight in guns and then waste a few rounds, I have no desire to fowl up my deer hunting property with more gun shot noise then I need to, so, I go to MG. My wife is a now a proud owner of a .357 mag, so, it's a good place to take her and let her waste a few dollars, there's really no other place to go in southern maryland locally, and I'm not going to pay St. Charles or Sanners a membership just to be in with the "jones'", membership clubs do nothing for me and their high membership fees and yearly dues deter most people who are recreational shooters. Now I do understand their purpose to deter, it keeps the yahoos out like we have at MG, but, for the other percentage of quality shooters, it turns us off.

What southern maryland does need is someone to open and indoor range like Maryland Small Arms, but, I'm not going all the way up there for an hours worth of shooting.

Someone could make a really nice living if they had a spare piece of land for a covered range, skeet and trap range, and a archery trail with 3D targets in this area. It would be an excellent way to pay that property tax on that unused land.

On other notes of similar interest, Southern Maryland just sucks when it comes to available shooting areas and shooting Sports clubs, I would love to find a group for my wife and my 11 year old nephew who like to shoot, but, there's no womens or kids groups in the area.

Anyway, I do plan to be there today at 1:00PM though, I have to get my slug gun sighted in again, scope base came loose last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom