• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I may be going back tomorrow.. after Devon had the double feed/FTE on my LCP I want to put a hundred or more rounds through it to make sure I can still keep it in my pocket =)

If you feel the LCP let you down. I let you borrow a BFR, so you can CC. :)

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Be there around 2pm if anyones game. See ya.

ETA: Got there a little before 2pm and Crazy Al was right behind me.

He was freezing his butt off, so I gave him one of my hand warmers. Some one needs to get that man a jacket.:lol2:

Range filled up around 3pm for about 5 minutes then everyone left except Al and I. I got to fire off 320 rds of .223 without a hitch in my BCM 20". We shot until closing, then thawed out on the way home.

Not a bad day (when dressed properly).

Last edited:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    We shot until closing, then thawed out on the way home. Not a bad day (when dressed properly).

I went to Dick's the other night and bought 2 new pairs of skiing socks, man my toes have cold in the stand this week and my old Remington hunting socks are just not cutting it this week. I never thought I'd pay $15.00 for 2 pair of socks, but, it was worth it.

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    I am looking to head down to Myrtle Grove with some friends on Wednesday this week. I dont see anythign on their website about closing for weather. Do they ever close for snow? Any special hunting stuff going on this week that would close the range that I am not aware of? I didnt see anythign on theirweb site.

Thanks
    Andy

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I am looking to head down to Myrtle Grove with some friends on Wednesday this week. I dont see anythign on their website about closing for weather. Do they ever close for snow? Any special hunting stuff going on this week that would close the range that I am not aware of? I didnt see anythign on theirweb site.

Thanks
    Andy

Nope, just holidays and outdated 2 week shotgun season rules LOL. I think they should build a roof over the benches to keep the snow off your guns. :D

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton

Thanks
    Andy

I'm heading down there as well with some relatives on Wednesday too. Shouldn't be too bad. Sunny all day high of 42, low of 24. Just bundle up and wear some thick socks. I was there a few days ago and there was patches of ice on the shooting platform, the friends I brought complained of cold feet.

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    Thanks Guys. I am still waiting to see who is in and out. There will be atleast myself and one other, hopefully several others. We are plannign to be there between 10 and 10:30 Wednesday.

Last time we went, we had three people, and had to share a single lane, the place was packed. This was on a Friday in November. Hopefully the cold will keep a few people in doors...

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I am going to be up at bass pro tomorrow at that time, I am looking for a chronograph

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Thanks Guys. I am still waiting to see who is in and out. There will be atleast myself and one other, hopefully several others. We are plannign to be there between 10 and 10:30 Wednesday.

Last time we went, we had three people, and had to share a single lane, the place was packed. This was on a Friday in November. Hopefully the cold will keep a few people in doors...

Most likely it was packed because people were eager to get their fix before they closed for two weeks. These past few days it's been relatively sparse as far as shooters. I usually have no trouble getting a lane, there was a max of three shooters and sometimes it was even empty.

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    Thanks guys, looking forward to each of us having our own lane. That place has really gotten busy since the firsttime I went there about 10 years back! I think there is only goiung to be 2 or 3 of us now, a bunch of guys dropped out because o the cold. Wimps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom