• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    My russian's very rusty, but doing a search of it on russian search engines yielded:

http://nagant.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27

Using google translate:

Occasionally on the revolver revolvers are hallmarks "Experiment. H.O.D.K.A. m-kai" and "Experiment. H.D.K.A. m-kai" Hallmarks found on revolvers with frames as imperial and Soviet production to 30s inclusive. Later the scope of the 40s I have never met. On the inside covers of old number and packed full of frame number. Ie. box and lid originally belonged to different revolvers. known one instance of a revolver, which in addition to bearing the inscription still and year: However, you will notice that the main brand and year stamped with a different slant. Most likely, the inscription and the year were delivered at different times. Generally the period of manufacture revolvers sticking with the best-selling and HDKA unknown. Presumably this is the 30s. in one single copy known brand "salable in box": It is stamped on the lid of the school split revolver. Presumably, the stigma that is used for training weapon. As for decryption stigma on the first part of the inscription is not particularly controversial, and stands for "Experimental Studio". But on the second part of the debate did not subside for a long time. There are two main versions. The first is based on the assumption that the DFA stands for "House of the Red Army." Options: Kharkov (Khabarovsk) House of the Red Army Kharkov (Khabarovsk) District House of the Red Army. Second, on the assumption that the origin of the Far stigma. Variations: Commercial Division of the Red Banner Far Eastern Army Hozotdel separate Red Banner Far Eastern Army Hozotdel Red Banner Far Eastern Army. Both versions have their supporters and confirmed by some sources. With a history of disputes can be found for example here http://talks.guns.ru/forummessage/85/247439.html subject is long, but there are a lot of interesting things.

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Interesting, I haven't seen a sideplate that has those markings before, could be an Imperial or early Soviet one

Heres a reference for the various sideplate markings but I don't see yours anywhere

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRareNagant.htm

I'd seen that before and didn't see it listed.

Just got 3 from RGuns a couple weeks ago. Got a imperial peter the great and a 1926 Tula. As well as the one in the photo.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I asked my Russian-speaking friend to look at the website posted with the mark showing, and to give me a summary. Here's what he said:

"According to the article, this is an experimental model, made anywhere from the czar's period through 1930. Considered somewhat rare."

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I asked my Russian-speaking friend to look at the website posted with the mark showing, and to give me a summary. Here's what he said:

"According to the article, this is an experimental model, made anywhere from the czar's period through 1930. Considered somewhat rare."

Wonder what was experimental about them? Looks pretty much like the other 2 I have. Obviously it has been arsenal rebuilt, so that may have removed whatever was experimental about it.

Maybe the unit it was assigned to was an experiment?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Wonder what was experimental about them? Looks pretty much like the other 2 I have. Obviously it has been arsenal rebuilt, so that may have removed whatever was experimental about it.

Maybe the unit it was assigned to was an experiment?

It was made by sober Russians. J/k, that's an amazing find!!!! Jealous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom