• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    I've been contemplating buying one for 2 reasons...

1. It has "Nagant" in the name, and anything with Nagant in it's name is ok by me :brows:

2. They are ridiculously cheap, just like me :D

I know very little about this gun (I did watch a video by Hickok45 on it though). Anyone who owns one, or who has shot one care to offer an opinion?
    Should I just pass and move on to a CZ82 or P64?

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    I like mine. Built like a tank. Very hard trigger pull. I bought the original ammo for it (takes advantage of the gas seal system) but others just simply use, I think, .32S&W long's which are cheaper and easier to find.

Mine came with holster, cleaning tool and lanyard (leash) for $90 about eight months ago.

You can get a different cylinder for it as well for different caliber or two. Just read somewhere about those.

Mine is made at the same factory and year as one of my MN rifles. So, I am keeping them as a set.

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    I like mine. Built like a tank. Very hard trigger pull. I bought the original ammo for it (takes advantage of the gas seal system) but others just simply use, I think, .32S&W long's which are cheaper and easier to find.

Mine came with holster, cleaning tool and lanyard (leash) for $90 about eight months ago.

You can get a different cylinder for it as well for different caliber or two. Just read somewhere about those.

Mine is made at the same factory and year as one of my MN rifles. So, I am keeping them as a set.
    Appreciate the input. I'll probably pick one up as long as I can find one for the right price.
    I think $120 is a little high.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Appreciate the input. I'll probably pick one up as long as I can find one for the right price.
    I think $120 is a little high.

I thought at $79.00 I wanted one and put it off and ended up paying close to $100 when I finally purchased one. I bought mine a year ago.
    $120.00 may sound high but it will be a deal when there are $150-$160 probably in the not so distant future. C&R rule for me is $20.00 more or less is not a deal breaker if I want it and it's in stock.
    YMMV

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    I thought at $79.00 I wanted one and put it off and ended up paying close to $100 when I finally purchased one. I bought mine a year ago.
    $120.00 may sound high but it will be a deal when there are $150-$160 probably in the not so distant future. C&R rule for me is $20.00 more or less is not a deal breaker if I want it and it's in stock.
    YMMV
    Good point...I hate being such a cheap-skate lol.

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    I have 2. One is a 1920's, and one is a double dated "MO". Fun but awkward shooters with .32 longs.
    I'm really fascinated with the whole gas seal system of it, and the physical mechanics that push the cylinder forward...I don't know, it's just cool to me I guess lol.

...wishing I would have started collecting C & R a long time ago.

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    Thanks guys, I will def pick one up soon. Gonna wait until after the Antique Gun Show in Timonium because I know I'll want something there...and it will be expensive lol.
    Plus, I just dropped $100 on a Chinese Type 53 from S.O.G.

I swear I have disease that only Mosins can cure...

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    They are sort of a must-have for a collection, and since there's so little to buy right now, you might as well pick one up. I've got one, along with a couple of hundred rounds of ammo, but haven't ever fired it. It looked like new when I got it, so I've left it in cosmo.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I just placed the order with SOG for the Nagant Revolver.
    Hef, if they run out and a I sniped you, I appologize and will just force you onto the P64 which would be a win for anyone I think.
    http://www.p64resource.com/

Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    I just placed the order with SOG for the Nagant Revolver.
    Hef, if they run out and a I sniped you, I appologize and will just force you onto the P64 which would be a win for anyone I think.
    http://www.p64resource.com/
    :war:
    Hahaha! No problem Melnic :thumbsup: When posting this thread I thought to myself, "You are about to spark an interest in this gun" lol.
    My real interest was the P64, I was just throwing out the Nagant Revolver as bait.... Not really, but it sounds good lol.

Be sure to post some pics.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    they're cheap, they have history, they have an interesting design and they're usually in excellent condition, whats not to love?

i would not recommend buying one if you're looking for a serious shooter, the trigger pull is very heavy and reloading takes a fortnight, the sights are not great either.

they are great collectibles, they are fun to shoot now and then, but its not something id buy to shoot all the time.

i have 2 myself, and i love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom