• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    jpk1md,
    Do you even believe half the stuff you post? Congress wants to limit states' abilities to infringe on non-residents' right to carry, and you're acting like Congress is really going to go door to door confiscating handguns.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    csgv%20pa%20inquirer%20ad%2010-20-11.jpg

Ad Campaign Urges Senators to Stop Concealed Carry Gun Bill

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/ad-campaign-urges-senators-stop-concealed-carry-gun-bill

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    What's really funny is that if every state had PA's LTC laws, we wouldn't need HR 822. Every state shall-issue, no training requirement, and would recognize other's permits. You know these folks aren't asking for that-they want NJ/MD style for the well-connected only LTC.

They are leftists...only the military and police should have weapons to oppress the populous.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Domestic abusers can't buy guys as is. How can they get a permit? Stupid ad.

Because lying works and people will believe it. They spend big bucks on developing these ads....well, to the extent that their budgets allow, anyway.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I've read the bill and can not find any references for the need to have been issued a permit by your state of residence, only that you must have been issued a permit "by a state".

Am I missing something or will this allow the holders of non-resident permits such as Utah and Florida to be included. I realize this wouldn't give us the right to carry in MD, but would allow everywhere else that issues permits.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    I've read the bill and can not find any references for the need to have been issued a permit by your state of residence, only that you must have been issued a permit "by a state".

Am I missing something or will this allow the holders of non-resident permits such as Utah and Florida to be included. I realize this wouldn't give us the right to carry in MD, but would allow everywhere else that issues permits.

You are reading it correctly. You, as a MD resident, could use a AZ or FL or UT permit to carry in any of the states that have permit statutes...EXCEPT for your home state. As a PA resident, I could use my PA or AZ or UT or CT permits to carry in MD.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    jpk1md,
    Do you even believe half the stuff you post? Congress wants to limit states' abilities to infringe on non-residents' right to carry, and you're acting like Congress is really going to go door to door confiscating handguns.

Kharn, since this bill does nothing more than force a state to accept the permit of another it is not a 2a issue but rather an over reach of congress as they were granted no such power and nor is there precident for any such action

Recognition of drivers licences was done at the state level not fed just to dispell that myth once again

Since i can lawfully apply for and obtain a out of state permit from approx 46 of 50 states nothing is being accomplished by this infringement of 10A

At the end of the day the only people that wont be able to carry are citizens of md, ill and one or two others.....in other words nothing changes

You people have lived in md so long you are blind to the damage bills like this does in most states outside of commie md

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Sorry but that "We" part is wrong. I seen countless people that argue against what you are saying. So no, "we" are not with you.

Papi, are you so blind that you cant see that you STILL wont be able to carry regardless of whether this bill passes or not?

Who's rights are restores if i cal apply for and get a permit in almost every state but md and ill?

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Looks like H.R. 822 passed out of committee today. Next stop is floor consideration (with a short debate) including proposed amendments and then a vote. Amendments won't scuttle it, but I am not sure we got the Senate online yet.

Remember, all this is vapor until the Senate acts.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Kharn, since this bill does nothing more than force a state to accept the permit of another it is not a 2a issue but rather an over reach of congress as they were granted no such power and nor is there precident for any such action

Recognition of drivers licences was done at the state level not fed just to dispell that myth once again

Since i can lawfully apply for and obtain a out of state permit from approx 46 of 50 states nothing is being accomplished by this infringement of 10A

46 out of 50? Really? GA, NC, DE, NY, WV, OH, MI, KY, IA, WI, MI, LA, AR, MO, SD, NE, KS, OK, WY, MT, CA....do not issue to non residents. OR will if you live in a bordering state.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    46 out of 50? Really? GA, NC, DE, NY, WV, OH, MI, KY, IA, WI, MI, LA, AR, MO, SD, NE, KS, OK, WY, MT, CA....do not issue to non residents. OR will if you live in a bordering state.

The number is an approximation....look up who those states have reciprocity agreements with and you'll find the number of states many people can carry in legally is quite small :D

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The number is an approximation....look up who those states have reciprocity agreements with and you'll find the number of states many people can carry in legally is quite small :D

Depending on which state you live in you can probably obtain permits to cover maybe 41-42 states through reciprocity and a few extras(like CT,ME,NH) by mail. The others either can't be gotten since you don't live there, your state doesn't have reciprocity with them, or would require you to "know" someone high up the food chain(you'd still have to make multiple trips there first as well). It would still require another branch of the Federal Government(judicial) to make them issue to non-residents. Then we'd need special jumbo size wallets to hold all the permits, which could end up being a dozen or so on the low side.

2009_gunner

Jul 18, 2011
    San Diego, CA

At the end of the day the only people that wont be able to carry are citizens of md, ill and one or two others.....in other words nothing changes

You people have lived in md so long you are blind to the damage bills like this does in most states outside of commie md

14th Am > 10th when Individual Rights are concerned. Same logic as McDonald.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom