• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Does anyone else get the idea that this time, this over-reaction to a mass-shooting, is different than previous episodes? With all the big retailers pulling guns off their shelves, networks pulling TV shows off their schedules, sporting goods retailers 'holding' gun-related merchandise, that perhaps things are going to be a little worse this time?????

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    so they will cancel a program that show guns used safely at a range and continue to show movies and tv shows with gun violence

makes sense

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Does anyone else get the idea that this time, this over-reaction to a mass-shooting, is different than previous episodes? With all the big retailers pulling guns off their shelves, networks pulling TV shows off their schedules, sporting goods retailers 'holding' gun-related merchandise, that perhaps things are going to be a little worse this time?????

I absolutely think it's different this time. Formerly high profile pro-gun allies are calling for bans on rifles and magazines (Joe Scarborough as an example of one)... People are horrified and and feel that "something" must be done, and clearly NBC and the like are not going to back off. I've seen reports on the local news of people being shot in robberies half way across the country. They seem to want to keep "shooting victims" in front of everyone's mind so the pressure doesn't come off.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Anyone here heard of YouTube? :D

I was considering a 6 hour youtube marathon of PS90 videos, followed by every episode of SG1 featuring P90's, but then I'd be willing to sell my soul and my dogs' souls for some 5.7x28 ammo if I did that. I think I'll go back to staring at all my 9mm, .40 and 5.56, my enormous brass cache of .40's, and sleeping in bed with my HBAR and 30 rd mags from PA. I was going to deer hunt today, but the weather turned too windy.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    I absolutely think it's different this time. Formerly high profile pro-gun allies are calling for bans on rifles and magazines (Joe Scarborough as an example of one)... People are horrified and and feel that "something" must be done, and clearly NBC and the like are not going to back off. I've seen reports on the local news of people being shot in robberies half way across the country. They seem to want to keep "shooting victims" in front of everyone's mind so the pressure doesn't come off.

The media has whipped everything into a huge frenzy, it was horrible the way it was without their adding anything, but they have piled on with misinformation and touting gun owners as crazy if they want to own an AR with a 30 round magazine. They were referring to banning a 30 round clip today so many times I wanted to pull my hair out. These people don't care about your Constitutional rights, they are willing to strip them because of one persons horrible horrible actions. They want and do ignore the millions of us who use our rights with responsibility and the many stories of guns that have saved peoples lives.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I had to endure the BS of the media and their lackeys going on with the same hysteria and incorrect terminology in 1989 and 1990. All it did was make me LIKE guns. LOL

People are stupid and forget so easily, and the poli's and pundits just recycle the same old crap into a new frenzy, and the sheep surge forward. Shame on anyone my age or older who still buys into the hype. Shame on those who can't even think of thinking for themselves. You can research nearly anything so quickly with the interent. All I had back then was a bombardment of one sided crap, a Gun Digest book, and my brain. 16-17 years old too!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I hope Chiller channel stops showing all those slasher films and serial killer movies.

No more CSI shows with people shooting eachother? Oh well.

No more Dr Who either, those Daleks exterminate everything!

All of the movie channels better start just showing My Little Ponies movies and Muppet films.

No, the Swedish chef has a gun and shoots stuff all the time ... no Muppets either

AMStrick

May 15, 2012
    Port Tobacco
    Hadn't watched the networks in years. Thought NBC was out of business.

Only watch FX, Velocity and other cable channels.

The network news is the reason I quit watching. They are no longer legit news, they are "yellow jurnolists".

When I want real news, I look for international news, Fox ( starting to get bad), Drudge Report, the Blaze.

L/H Savage Man

L/H Savage Bolt Ation
    Dec 30, 2012
    I watch my outdoor hunting, firearm, archery shows on the Outdoor and Sportsmans Channel on cable or satellite. I wouldn't give ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSN the time of the day. They are nothing but a bunch of leftwing liberal socialsts who are out to destroy this country from within. None of them are true journalists whose job is to report the news true and factual. All they do is give it a leftwing spin that is their agenda. I've said it for years they are part of the enemy within this country.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This is all just shallow posturing. What does seeing firearms on TV have to do with a crackjob kid who fell off his already short rocker? Has the lack of cigarette commercials on TV lowered lung cancer stats? I think not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom