• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Neck carry works for a knife when wearing river shorts. Wondering if it would work for the LCP? I don't care for how this one looks like it would tip up, but another may actually work. Anyone have experience?

C71A0B79-D6F4-42CF-8AC2-47AF65E9019D-138-0000000758114678.jpg

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    To each his own, but I would never consider neck carry for a firearm. Particularly if its pointing up.

If you're considering it because you don't want it in your shorts, I'd even consider a belly band before neck carry. Though they probably don't make belly bands big enough for me :lol:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Agreed with with previous post. Belly bands are what I would look at. There are also chest bands, but they can be awkward and uncomfortable if you're breathing heavy.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Worst holsters EVER!

Get a belt holster and riggers belt and wear it with cargo shorts. Lube it with EEZOX and enjoy time on or in the water. Clean it off when you get home and re oil.

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    How did my question turn into a mall ninja thread? WTF?? Not helpful! Troll somewhere else.

Doing a google search turned up lots of holsters actually made to point up.
    E1FEBB3B-A8B1-405C-B055-E05AC59C32D0-203-0000001C0A3E9AF7.jpg

YIKES!

And a even comp-tac makes one.
    6C0566B7-8577-47D4-8093-44C957958771-138-0000001871030A8C-1.jpg

I have a 5.11 holster shirt. The 2 Velcro closures will not retain a LCP in any position other than standing upright. Further, the foam padding to help concealment hold water. I would think a belly band would hold water too.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience using this type of holster.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    How did my question turn into a mall ninja thread? WTF?? Not helpful! Troll somewhere else.

Because you posted mall ninja equipment?

Not helpful? Okay disregard atleast two people who actually carry firearms on a regular basis or atleast have permits to.

Take advice from other forum members who spend 99% of their year not carrying a firearm.

Just because it's not what you want to hear doesnt make it trolling.

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Because you posted mall ninja equipment?

Not helpful? Okay disregard atleast two people who actually carry firearms on a regular basis or atleast have permits to.

Take advice from other forum members who spend 99% of their year not carrying a firearm.

Just because it's not what you want to hear doesnt make it trolling.

I asked for any experience using neck holsters. You provided none.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I asked for any experience using neck holsters. You provided none.

Because I'm not stupid enough to have a gun wagging around my neck, chest, facing my face, with the trigger guard barely being covered on a gun with no manual safety...not like a manual safety would change my thought process.

I'd recommend a good pocket holster for your purposes...do you often times find yourself pocket deep in water on your hikes?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    OP...
    Personally, I would NEVER use one.

If you feel the urge... Go ahead. I don't have experience with a neck holster or for that matter... walking across the freeway blindfolded either but certain things just strike me as not worth trying. I think that is what people are getting at is... A Neck Holster violates a primary premise of gun safety.

I just don't feel the urge to play that game.

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Do you carry at work when dealing with boats?

I guess my question...what's your intended purpose? Odds are if you are up to your pockets in water at work...you likely arent in a posotion or have a need to have a gun readily accessible.

You may be surprised at the people I have met under bridges and along fishing paths in the last 20 years. Not all are as upstanding as yourself.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I realize you would have to deal with your shirt covering it but with as small & light as an LCP is, have you considered a shoulder rig of some sort?

I was thinking perhaps one that could be adjusted and brought up close under an armpit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom