• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    I am trying to remove my birdcage flashider but am having a difficult time. It is not permenatly attached just stuck. Is there anyone on the eastern shore who does this and have a phantom flashhider in stock? Thanks

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Mike, have you talked with Gander Mt., they do gunsmith work, so I'm told.

Be prepared to pay and wait. The old guy there took an hour of my time during hunting season and 60 bucks to drill a little hole in my shotgun. I was the only guy there at that time to see the gunsmith. Had I known it was gonna cost so much and takeforever for him to actually work on my gun and not b-bop around I would have done it myself. Unfortuantly I was down there hunting, had no tools, and needed it done so I could get back in the woods that day.

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    Slayr15,
    Thanks for the offer but it's pretty stuck. I'd rather let someone who specialize in AR's mess with it before I do some damage.

I thought about Gander but really prefer to find a shop that does regular work on AR's. I'd even travel if I need to.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Be prepared to pay and wait. The old guy there took an hour of my time during hunting season and 60 bucks to drill a little hole in my shotgun.

Actually, only $10 went towards the old guy drilling the little hole. The other $50 went to the store, and to the insurance kitty needed to replace the occasional f'ed up barrel.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Actually, only $10 went towards the old guy drilling the little hole. The other $50 went to the store, and to the insurance kitty needed to replace the occasional f'ed up barrel.

I dont really care where the money went it was a waste of time, the old guy could have cared less about doing his job right away and not jerking around. I'll never have them fix or look at anything of mine again. I like their store dont get me wrong, I was just very unhappy with the gun smithing service :mad54:

jehu

May 23, 2005
    One of the best gunsmiths in the country is in Easton overtop Albrights gunstore downtown. I can't think of his name but he is nationally known and I have had some custom rifle work done him>:party29:

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    the guys name in easton is greg wolf. he is very slow but does outstanding work. slow like months slow. frank at gander mt in salisbury also has his own gunsmith shop but just does high end double rifles. another local is bill truit, bills accuracy shop. he is no longer taking anymore work, overloaded now. all you need to take the bird cage off is the barrel block and the wrench. done many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom