Need FFL to ship Glock to California ( North Harford County)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luckytrouble

May 23, 2011
    HI, I am looking for an FFL to ship a Glock 30 to California FFL (I already have that info). I usually go thru Cooter's in Forest Hill, but he said he doesn't ship. Any recommendations would be great and appreciated. Thanks in advance!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Why don’t you just ship it to an FFL yourself? You don’t need an FFL to ship it, just to receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Effective 1 July 2008, every FFL dealer wherever located who wishes to transfer a firearm to any FFL dealer in California must first register with the Firearms Bureau of the California Department of Justice, and before shipping or delivering a firearm, must obtain an authorization number from the Firearms Bureau. No approval number is required for a firearm which is being transferred to a California FFL by a private party.

luckytrouble

May 23, 2011
    Well he may just be out of luck. Called 3-4 dealers in California, no one wants to deal with Private Party transfers since they are trying to find any reason to shut FFls down. I guess as bad as MD is, CA is always worse.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    There are new firearm shipping rules for UPS and Fedex now. Non licensees can't ship guns anymore and must use a FFL.

As mentioned above the firearm shipper needs to be on the CA DOJ Roster for a CA FFL to accept.

Last edited:

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Well he may just be out of luck. Called 3-4 dealers in California, no one wants to deal with Private Party transfers since they are trying to find any reason to shut FFls down. I guess as bad as MD is, CA is always worse.

I've used Quartermaster in Fallston to ship around the country. Easy to deal with and fairly priced.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    There are new firearm shipping rules for UPS and Fedex now. Non licensees can't ship guns anymore and must use a FFL.

As mentioned above the firearm shipper needs to be on the CA DOJ Roster for a CA FFL to accept.

Thanks for the info Chad, didn’t realize that was the case now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

Thanks for the info.

What happens if we dont comply? FedEx cops gonna bust me? UPS gonna shoot my dog? What is DHL up to these days?

F*cking woke-ass companies. Just deliver packages, dont worry about making social statements. Ugh.

Q:"What's in the package?"
    A:"sporting goods"

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks for the info.

What happens if we dont comply? FedEx cops gonna bust me? UPS gonna shoot my dog? What is DHL up to these days?

F*cking woke-ass companies. Just deliver packages, dont worry about making social statements. Ugh.

Q:"What's in the package?"
    A:"sporting goods"

One problem with not claiming or declaring a firearm is insurance. If it's not claimed as a gun you won't be reimbursed if it's damaged/lost.

The second one could be a legal issue. I may be wrong or misremembering but I thought that there was a vague federal law that said shipping a firearms without declaring is a crime. Like I said, I may be wrong on this one.

I agree. This stuff is nuts.

In order for a FFL to use UPS or FedEx they have to be enrolled as a dealer and provide their license to the carrier when enrolling. I was told that I will also have to sign a form stating that I won't deal with "ghost guns". My "gun friendly" credit card processors just mandated I refuse to deal in ghost guns too or they will drop me.

I have never dealt in or with ghost guns so it does not effect my business, but that does not mean I don't care.

luckytrouble

May 23, 2011
    Quartermaster is in the same parking lot of the Fallston Horizon Theaters. In the far back corner. I have never been in there before, but I have heard good things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom