• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I highly recommend the new Bravo concealment DOS torsion. Their newest release I scooped from a member in the classifieds here. It's outstanding how closely it rides against your body due to the newly redesigned position of the belt clips. A++
    Just a FYI it works best if you have the glock factory upgraded slide stop release. It's molded for it.

Great if you are right handed in a G19 platform.

Why they don't offer other models besides Glock and right handed is beyond me.

They use to make all types of holsters for several models. Not sure why they stopped.

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    I carry my glock 23 in a g code incog shadow eclipse with surefire xc1 light. You will spend probably more money on holster than you did the gun. I have tried several holsters before I finally found one that I can honestly say I love. What works for me may not work for you. Go off what everyone recommends and narrow it down to a few, then pull the trigger and buy it. Don't go crazy researching everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    Also, where do you prefer to carry. I carry appendix and it is my preferred carry position unless I'm wearing an OWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    The Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 that both me and my wife order arrives today. From what I've read and researched prior to ordering I think I'll be satisfied.

I touched one today at Tyler's... then ordered one for my LC9...

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I'm a big fan of this style of IWB after trying many styles. Position anywhere from Appendix to 3 or 4 o'clock. Easy on and off. Trigger always covered. Adjust on body as needed since I can slide on my belt (in and out of car)

The ones pictured below are Vigitac obtained at Trop in PA but there are many companies that make similar. Only thing to make it better might be a cant adjustment but these do the trick for me.

cc497e2d4c31bb4ffcb5ede4a13cff8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Decoy, if you are in Harford county hit me up and I will show you the alien gear 3.0 up close, I am also in Pasadena on Tuesday nights and Towson on Thursday nights

NOBODY

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    I went with the molded Kydex Holster for my Glock 43. I love how it clicks into place and you can adjust the tension. Very comfortable in the kidney carry position.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    I have an alien gear and I absolutely hate it- it stays in my holster box- in fact if anyone here wants an alien gear for an LC9s, let me know and it's yours.

I have a Stealthgear Ventcore for AIWB, which is THE most comfortable AIWB holster I've found so far- so much so that it completely changed my normal carry location to appendix. When used in single-clip mode, it easily rotates up a bit when seated, and then adjusts down again when standing so that you're always comfortable and never printing.

162842d1480015582-stealthgear-appendix-iwb-holster-ribbet-collage.jpg

My previous go-to was a Black Arch (formerly SHTF) ACE-1 Gen 2 rig I wore at 4:30- also super comforable, but with appendix carry I no longer fret about printing or displaying when seated or bending over, something that was always on my mind when carrying at 4:30 (I am a t-shirt/jeans guy, and don't like to wear cover garments).

ppq_front_jpg.jpg

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm looking to upgrade my current CCW holster. I currently have a standard inside the waistband leather holster. I'm looking for something a little more comfortable and something easier to draw from. Any recommendations?

What do you mean by "standard"?

Enough with all the gimmicks out there, alien, crossbreed, etc...

Bianchi(Safariland) model #6 You can pull the whole holster out and set it somewhere, put in a bag, car console, etc...if needed. Especially driving.

You can slide it to any position. Appendix, you name it.Try that with those double belt loop types.
    You can use different pistols in one. I have used one for probably 20 years, between a Sig 229, 239 and Glocks.

I glued a small piece of leather at the top to make it a sweat/pinch guard.
    Minimal amount of material inside the pants is key. Not some big swath of thick leather with all kinds of hardware attached to it.

$25 bucks

I am going to try the "Condom holster" SOBTACTICAL.

Attachments

• 20170212_122835.jpg
      20170212_122835.jpg
      43.9 KB · Views: 139
    • bianchi 6.jpg
      bianchi 6.jpg
      5 KB · Views: 144
    • condom holster.jpg
      condom holster.jpg
      20.9 KB · Views: 165

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    What do you mean by "standard"?

Enough with all the gimmicks out there, alien, crossbreed, etc...

Bianchi(Safariland) model #6 You can pull the whole holster out and set it somewhere, put in a bag, car console, etc...if needed. Especially driving.

You can slide it to any position. Appendix, you name it.Try that with those double belt loop types.
    You can use different pistols in one. I have used one for probably 20 years, between a Sig 229, 239 and Glocks.

I glued a small piece of leather at the top to make it a sweat/pinch guard.
    Minimal amount of material inside the pants is key. Not some big swath of thick leather with all kinds of hardware attached to it.

$25 bucks

I am going to try the "Condom holster" SOBTACTICAL.

Standard = I have the same holster you have :)

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    How much do you want for it? If you don't want any money please let me give you some ammo or something.

I'll consider it Karma for the tidbits I pick up from you and this forum but if you are inclined to pass something back that's cool too. I'll PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom