• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    Hey guys. I think I just bought the last AR lower on the face of the planet. (at least it feels like it) Apparently bushmaster is months behind right now and if the ban passes then forget it anyways. So my dream M16 is out of the question. I bought a sun devil mfg lower with lower parts kit already installed. I think they should sell for $225 but I was in no position to argue so I paid the $325.

Basically the questions I have are

-Is Sun Devil a decent company?
    -How bad did I get raped.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Sun Devil is a paint company, they saw the gun businessbooming and took advantage of it. :innocent0

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    depends what material you got. 6061 alloy lower? Thats what they were when I first looked into them. They do great machining but I personally think the material is garbage no offense

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Hey guys. I think I just bought the last AR lower on the face of the planet. (at least it feels like it) Apparently bushmaster is months behind right now and if the ban passes then forget it anyways. So my dream M16 is out of the question. I bought a sun devil mfg lower with lower parts kit already installed. I think they should sell for $225 but I was in no position to argue so I paid the $325.

Basically the questions I have are

-Is Sun Devil a decent company?
    -How bad did I get raped.

A bit of butt rape it would seem.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Its a good lover OP. The price isnt bad for the current shortage either. Striped Lowers are already $300.00

I can sell all 50 of mine now in a day at $300 if I was so inclined.

let me get this straight, you bought a complete lower or lower with lower parts for $325

Its gonna get higher than that.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Whiskey under the bridge; build it, enjoy it, and move forward.

Do you know the manufacturer of the parts kit? The Sun Devil lowers used to run about $175, add in a $60 for a parts kits and you probably only paid a $100 premium at the most.

Given the current availability of any AR lower, I'm sure a few folks would gladly take it off your hands for what you paid for it.

This reminds me of the Dutch Tulip bubble of 1637. :rolleyes:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a Sun Devil lower. It is beautiful They are billet lowers, and are very well made. You did "OK". Not great, not terrible.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have a Sun Devil lower. It is beautiful They are billet lowers, and are very well made. You did "OK". Not great, not terrible.

I owe you a favor for all you do for me. If you still need those bolts "reworked" please let me know.

I do it for free my friend.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I owe you a favor for all you do for me. If you still need those bolts "reworked" please let me know.

I do it for free my friend.

I would be happy to have you work on it, but would never let you do it for free. Not with all those kids you have. :toothless

I'm ok for now. The Sun Devil is stripped. I think I may do a 6.5 Grendel build with it, but not sure.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I've got a .308 lower with LPK installed, that I'm waiting for the panic to rise a bit more, then it's going on GB LOL.

And don't waste your time PM'ing me. I'm not looking to hook anyone up with this. It's more or less the only thing I have floating around that I don't want to hold on to, so I'm going to maximize my profits LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom