• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I have had a P95 for a couple years now. Love the thing, but I somehow did something stupid. I disassembled it for a heavy cleaning session. Upon reassembly I forgot to lower the ejector so when I pushed the slide back onto the gun, the camblock was sticking about an inch out in front of the gun. I finally figured out how to get it back apart. So then I reassembled it "correctly." At that point I noticed a few problems:

1. No magazine in gun, on safe, with hammer lowered, I notice when I pull the trigger, I can see the safety lever move slightly upwards toward fire as the trigger is being depressed.
    2. No magazine, on safe, I rack the slide. If I ride it forward, it ends up sticking and stopping maybe 1/8" from fully forward. The hammer is now back, and with just slight pressure on the back of the frame, it pops forward the 1/8" and also the hammers falls.
    3. It could be my imagination but it feels like the hammer is breaking at a longer pull point on the trigger after reassembly.

Recently I felt some grinding or roughness on the trigger which is why I took it down and gave it a thorough cleaning.
    Does this seem like a true malfunction, or something obviously broke that I'm not seeing?
    Thanks for the help.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    #2. I can tell you that is normal for Rugers. My P85 does the same thing when I ride the slide. My gun WILL NOT fire when I tap the frame and the slide moves forward and I imagine yours won't too (tested it on the range).

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Thanks, I have been asking around various places and I have heard that from a lot of other people. Do you know of any reason why I would feel a slight rough grind with the trigger? I can feel it right before the hammer breaks. Would this have something to do with #3?

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Thanks, I have been asking around various places and I have heard that from a lot of other people. Do you know of any reason why I would feel a slight rough grind with the trigger? I can feel it right before the hammer breaks. Would this have something to do with #3?

I doubt you damaged anything unless you put some serious force into getting that slide back on while the extractor was down. P series triggers are slightly less than amazing so I would shoot the snot out of it and see what happens. How old is the gun? If you do have any issues Ruger will take care of it.

The grinding feel could be from a carbon buildup in the contact point between the trigger and trigger bar. Blast it with some aerosol cleaner and do some dry firing. It's a long shot but it might work.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    That gritty feeling is probably the action draw bar on the left side of the pistol rubbing against the frame. Maybe s little dry causing it to be more noticable. It is a stamped steel part and the stamping process leaves a razor edge on the inside surface of it. It's been awhile sinceI've had one, but I did remove minimal lockwork and just deburred the drawbar the deburred and lightly polished it. That usually got rid of most of that feel. I didn't touch any other lockwork and that left a trigger completely acceptable for action or pin shoots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom