• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    I got a Magpul ASAP sling adapter and sling for my birthday and tried to install it myself on my new Colt LE6920MP-B

The castle nut is stacked and I'm unable to get it off. I don't have a bench with a vise yet and have been unable to loosen it with the wrench I have. It has the three prongs but is still slipping off

Are there any gunsmiths in the area that can install this? I wouldn't think it would cost too much to do and I don't want to do any more damage than I've already done. (Nothing major.. Small scratches, etc.)

I've read up in this and tried all the suggestions.... No go.

Thanks guys!

Dave

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Scotts can do it. If the castle Nut needs the staking drilled then a new one will be needed. Basic Labor is $35 for that but can be more expensive if someone loctited it.

Its a Colt so its not loctited unless someone else dinked with it. Colt Stakes the Castle Nut as should be done. Loctite has no place on a receiver extension.

Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    Any info on Scott's?

This is a new Colt.. Straight from the factory. Tried a bit of heat before... No luck.

This should've able to be done while I wait...correct? Shouldn't have to leave it should I?

Thanks guys
    Dave

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Any info on Scott's?

This is a new Colt.. Straight from the factory. Tried a bit of heat before... No luck.

This should've able to be done while I wait...correct? Shouldn't have to leave it should I?

Thanks guys
    Dave

It with have to be dropped off unless you arrange a meet with me on a Saturday that I am there.

Scotts is an IP here on MD Shooters.

231 Thelma Avenue, Glen Burnie, MD

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Scott's is located in glen burnie. Clandestine is one of their gunsmiths and is very well respected

Navigate to the industry partner section. IIRC

GENERAL > industry partners > firearm dealers > Scott's. and then check the STICKY.

should list exact address and hours and phone numbers

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Loctite has no place on a receiver extension.

Might want to tell KAC, the last SR-15s I saw, the castle nuts were not staked and they had blue Loctite on the threads. :D

Colt stakes the castle nuts better than anyone... I've seen them where they deformed around the receiver extension and were a little bit of a pain to get off.

But that's how it should be done, you do NOT want that sucker coming loose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Might want to tell KAC, the last SR-15s I saw, the castle nuts were not staked and they had blue Loctite on the threads. :D

Colt stakes the castle nuts better than anyone... I've seen them where they deformed around the receiver extension and were a little bit of a pain to get off.

But that's how it should be done, you do NOT want that sucker coming loose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I haven't seen that but I believe you. Knights used to use non pinned gas blocks at one point as well. Sometimes the stuff some ma ufacturers do makes me shake my head.

ADCOR is really bad, their Gas Manifold is held in with one set screw, for a Piston AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom