• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Bollingers is Bobby and Brandy (husband and wife). Both are very nice but beyond that, Bobby will make sure your gun is working properly before he gives it back to you. I'm guessing he has worked on quite a few more CZ-82s since he worked on mine and I would trust him implicitly to do right by you.

Granted, I only took mine in to have it Cerakoted, but it did need to be completely dismantled and reassembled and it has functioned flawlessly since but now with a much nicer finish. :)

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^ what slide stop spring did you have the original one or one from Norm Sutton? They don't make the original one anymore, if you need a replacement you can either get Norm's version or get the one from the CZ83 which is different slightly (requires drilling into the frame to install).

I don't care about taking this fully gun apart and all that, I'll never do it. Just want it to work well, be accurate and reliable. I have no interest in taking it apart and messing with it. I'd rather shoot than tinker with it, as long as I can field strip it to clean and lube it that's about as far as I care to go. That said this would be a nice candidate for cerakote, what color did you go with? Heck it's a $300 thereabouts gun, cerekoting might cost a good chunk of it's worth and not really add any value to it aside from looking good...either way since my finish is actually very nice and the markings are original I may keep it as it is.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I had no idea that my CZ82 was a crap design. Now I'm totally depressed. And to think - I have put over 1,000 rounds through mine without a single failure - not one! Boy, it sure had me fooled! Guess I'll get rid of that POS, now that I know.

Since you can only sell it at a POS price, do yourself a favor and let me know when it's available, save yourself the trouble of putting it in the classifieds. :)

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    ^^^ what slide stop spring did you have the original one or one from Norm Sutton? They don't make the original one anymore, if you need a replacement you can either get Norm's version or get the one from the CZ83 which is different slightly (requires drilling into the frame to install).

I don't care about taking this fully gun apart and all that, I'll never do it. Just want it to work well, be accurate and reliable. I have no interest in taking it apart and messing with it. I'd rather shoot than tinker with it, as long as I can field strip it to clean and lube it that's about as far as I care to go. That said this would be a nice candidate for cerakote, what color did you go with? Heck it's a $300 thereabouts gun, cerekoting might cost a good chunk of it's worth and not really add any value to it aside from looking good...either way since my finish is actually very nice and the markings are original I may keep it as it is.

I didn't need any parts replaced so I can't really help you there. And you are right about the cost of Cerakoting. But I really like the gun and I wanted one that I could enjoy for myself without worrying about sale price. I have three CZ-82s and I took the one in the worst cosmetic condition to have Cerakoted The other two are bone stock that I use as shooters. had mine Cerakoted Graphite Gray/Black. Here's a pic of the finished product with Marschal grips.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      62.3 KB · Views: 137

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I didn't need any parts replaced so I can't really help you there. And you are right about the cost of Cerakoting. But I really like the gun and I wanted one that I could enjoy for myself without worrying about sale price. I have three CZ-82s and I took the one in the worst cosmetic condition to have Cerakoted The other two are bone stock that I use as shooters. had mine Cerakoted Graphite Gray/Black. Here's a pic of the finished product with Marschal grips.

I so need a second one of these to update like you did. So many potential projects, not enough time (and more importantly) $$$$.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Norm Suttons springs are fine. You can install it in the CZ82 w/o having to drill anything like you would if you got the CZ83 spring from CZ.

Granted, it's not the easiest thing to install... You pretty much have to do it blind as you can't possibly look at what your doing and access the area at the same time.

I've installed a couple. I don't enjoy it, but with patience and about 10-20 minutes, they'll drop right in. I have NEVER had one come apart on me again after installing it.

Just install it yourself. You can do it. Heck, if your "gunsmith" couldn't do it, I don't think I'd be bringing anything else to him...

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^ I only have one more spring left :-( last gunsmith over cut the first one. Bkraft feel like doing one more and helping me out? Six pack of your fav brewskis on me bud. You're not too far from bmore either.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Anyone can help? Or should I stick with Bolingers? I am just afraid they might be like "what the heck??" when they see norm Sutton's spring and have to hut and fit etc...

... bkraft ...haven't hear back from you can you help me?

thanks guys...this is a super frustrating situation. I can pay a little cash or beers etc...

Onwrd Farm

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    Anyone can help? Or should I stick with Bolingers? I am just afraid they might be like "what the heck??" when they see norm Sutton's spring and have to hut and fit etc...

... bkraft ...haven't hear back from you can you help me?

thanks guys...this is a super frustrating situation. I can pay a little cash or beers etc...

Go to Bolingers!!!! Have heard nothing but great things about them. I am sure you will be well taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom