• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Samadams104

Feb 6, 2013
    ELDERSBURG MD
    My wife and I are expecting out first child in a couple months. It is a very exciting time.:D Well the other day we had our appointment with a pediatrics office. Very nice doc. and nice group of people. We were sitting their chatting with the doc. and he started asking questions.
    1) Do you have dogs? ( Two big monsters!)
    2) Do you have a pool? (nope)
    3) Do you have any guns? ( Excuse me?)
    He repeated... Do you have any guns?
    My answer was " Not enough of them"
    He then asked if i keep them locked up? ( Of course, Safety first!)

I kinda felt weird after that question. I understand about a child's safety but really a doc asking if i own guns? My wife told me not to take it to heart and make a big deal over it but i cant help myself. I should not have been asked a question like that. What is your opinion on this? I have been told it will probably happen more because it is mandatory now thanks to Obama Care.:tdown:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    It's apparently pretty common to get the question now.

There are several other threads that go into it in a lot more detail, but personally I won't be answering any invasive questions should they come up.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    I haven't been in that situation, but I would just answer no, or none of your business to all of them. Probably just no, since that is the answer that would get me in and out quicker.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I just had a physical with all kinds of questions but my Doc never asked me about guns- maybe because I had my DSC Sporting Clays cap on, iIwas a bit surprised -I was waiting for the question.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    had the same thing happen 7 years ago when we were interviewing doctors to see which one we wanted to go with. only 1 out of the three asked. unfortunately my wife blurted out yes he hunts before I could say anything. I eliminated her from the list immediately. It is none of their damn business.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    1) Do you have dogs? - Not Medically Relevant
    2) Do you have a pool? - NMR
    3) Do you have any guns? - NMR

How I would have answered.

BMW

Feb 28, 2013
    SoMD
    had the same thing happen 7 years ago when we were interviewing doctors to see which one we wanted to go with. only 1 out of the three asked. unfortunately my wife blurted out yes he hunts before I could say anything. I eliminated her from the list immediately. It is none of their damn business.

Your wife or the doctor? :lol2:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    My wife and I are expecting out first child in a couple months. It is a very exciting time.:D Well the other day we had our appointment with a pediatrics office. Very nice doc. and nice group of people. We were sitting their chatting with the doc. and he started asking questions.
    1) Do you have dogs? ( Two big monsters!)
    2) Do you have a pool? (nope)
    3) Do you have any guns? ( Excuse me?)
    He repeated... Do you have any guns?
    My answer was " Not enough of them"
    He then asked if i keep them locked up? ( Of course, Safety first!)

I kinda felt weird after that question. I understand about a child's safety but really a doc asking if i own guns? My wife told me not to take it to heart and make a big deal over it but i cant help myself. I should not have been asked a question like that. What is your opinion on this? I have been told it will probably happen more because it is mandatory now thanks to Obama Care.:tdown:

I would have asked him how often he fu*ks his wife, left, and found another doctor.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Tell him, politely, that the only firearm he would legitimately need to know about is if junior has a CCW and is expected to be carrying upon delivery!

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Congrats on your new edition!

I'd look for a new doctor: 1) it's not relevant, 2) it's not his godamn business, 3) he will likely drink whatever Kool-Aid the AMA (American Medical Assoc.) dishes out regarding firearms. There are plenty of 2A friendly doctors and dentists out there.

Run away from this tool!

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    There is a really long thread on this, I think in the Water Cooler.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    [He reaches is his bag for his standard reply...]

If Doctors want insurance company clerks, law makers, LEOs and bureaucrats to stop practicing medicine, they should stop the social engineering crap.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I would have asked him to refer us to a doctor more interested in the health of my wife and unborn child than my exercising of a constitutional right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom