• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Does anyone know where someone can purchase a 1/2 x 28 TPI Neilson device/LID? GEMTECH sells one but it's for their quickmount.

Thanks.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The LID replaces the standard fixed mount on a can. It threads into the body of the can and has the barrel threads (1/2x28 in your case) on the opposite side. This isn't something that you just screw into existing 1/2x28 threads. Doesn't R&R make a LID?

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    The LID replaces the standard fixed mount on a can. It threads into the body of the can and has the barrel threads (1/2x28 in your case) on the opposite side. This isn't something that you just screw into existing 1/2x28 threads. Doesn't R&R make a LID?

I don't believe he does. My understanding is that one does not want a LID on a fixed barrel weapon and does on a "browning" type design where the barrel unlocks from the slide on recoil. I guess you really can't have one suppressor for a fixed barrel and an adapter for a pistol like above. I saw that GEMTECH made one that was separate from the suppressor but as you state threads onto the back of the unit case.

Maybe I guess it's time to look at GEMTECH for versatility?

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    I don't believe he does. My understanding is that one does not want a LID on a fixed barrel weapon and does on a "browning" type design where the barrel unlocks from the slide on recoil. I guess you really can't have one suppressor for a fixed barrel and an adapter for a pistol like above. I saw that GEMTECH made one that was separate from the suppressor but as you state threads onto the back of the unit case.

Maybe I guess it's time to look at GEMTECH for versatility?

Yes, browning type actions need a neilson device, fixed barrels do not use them.

I have a Gemtech Multimount suppressor and am satisfied with it.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    How many different items can you use it on? I have several 9mm handguns and an UZI Sub Gun and I am guessing this could would work? Even for an AR-9mm SBR?

Thanks!

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    How many different items can you use it on? I have several 9mm handguns and an UZI Sub Gun and I am guessing this could would work? Even for an AR-9mm SBR?

Thanks!

I have the following mounts for the Trident 9:

fixed 1/2x28
    LID in 1/2x28 and 13.5x1 LH (HK 9mm pistols)
    Uzi (set up for use with an MG length barrel and the barrel nut threads)
    MP5 3 lug

So with the above options, you can easily adapt it to a 9mm AR.

I think that the Gemtech has a similar line of mounting options.

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County

Thanks!

fixed 1/2x28
    MP5 3 lug

Ditto, LIKE A BOSS

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/MULTIMOUNT-Adapters-c16.htm
    *Note the UZI mount says it doesn't work with Micro Uzi :(

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/MULTIMOUNT-2p94.htm

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC

fixed 1/2x28
    MP5 3 lug

Hi Rsideout, I have been looking at the SWR site and from what I can gather is that they don't manufacture that Trident 9 any more. Or am I missing something?

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    Hi Rsideout, I have been looking at the SWR site and from what I can gather is that they don't manufacture that Trident 9 any more. Or am I missing something?

I'm like 99% sure Silencer Co. just bought SWR so I'd be careful about getting into something with the SWR name right now because of availability.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I guess the replacement for the Trident 9 is the Octane 9 HD. Not sure if any of the local FFL's have this in stock.

Last edited:

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    I got to try out an Octane 9 yesterday and being the owner of a Trident 9, I can honestly say it's not a bad thing they are discontinuing the Trident.

Suppressor components are the same as whole suppressors now days. Might as well just buy the whole 'can - cause a part is still $200 and paper'd.

Ah.... I remember the gun shows from back in the 'day. One guy selling tubes, the guy across from him selling baffles, and another guy at the other end of the show hall selling end caps and thread adaptors for tubes that by coincidence, were an exact fit to the tubes the other guy was selling....

That and $40 lightning links and $100 RDIAS's.

And everyone selling Macs for $125...

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Not that I disagree with you on your approach, and my intent is to purchase another can that can accept and has a mulit-mount system. However, I do not believe the separate LID is papered. It's considered an adapter mechanism. True?

One can never have too many stamps. Can they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom