• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    Just got back from my first range trip with the 92A1 and couldn’t be happier. Ran 200 rounds flawlessly. I love this gun. 3 dot sights are quick and provide a great sight picture. Gun is not as heavy as I was afraid it would be very comfortable, great shooter. It is a keeper.

Compared it to my buddies older 92F at the same time and didn’t notice any improvement from the internal buffer but really liked the other improvements. The rod guide is plastic and feels cheap so I will be replacing that ASAP but otherwise absolutely thrilled with the pistol.

I did learn that no one buys a 92 because they are easy to clean. Way more nooks a crannies than my other autos, but I feel more than worth the extra time after the range.

Attachments

• New in case.jpg
      New in case.jpg
      131.3 KB · Views: 286
    • Left new.jpg
      Left new.jpg
      64.2 KB · Views: 285
    • Right new.jpg
      Right new.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 290
    • Add on magic.jpg
      Add on magic.jpg
      58.9 KB · Views: 283
    • W big brother.jpg
      W big brother.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 284

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Sweet. A Beretta is on my list. I was thinking the 92FS, I want the closest thing to the M9. Havent done much research yet. Still beautiful pistol, what kind of ammo did you use, I take it you had no issues.

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    I have medium to large hands and it is comfortable, I was shooting Federal 95gr ball ammo (wally world specials)

No issues at all. I used the Mags that came with it, some Mec Gar's I have for the CX4, the 92F stock mags and some really cheap knock off mags all were flawless.

It is a tank and I suspect will eat anything.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    I used to hate this platform. Then I shot one and soon after bought it. It is hands down my favorite 9mm full size to shoot. But then again I haven't shot a sig yet.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Don't be too concerned with the plastic guide rod. It's flexible (it's been argued if you somehow bend the steel rod, you're SOL) and self-lubricating, and has clearance for dirt/debris. Steel is fine but modern polymers are sufficient as well, and don't rust.

Either way you'll be ok, just something to consider. :)

eadgbe194

Jan 31, 2010
    That's a really nice combo you've got there. I have been looking at buying a pistol and have been thinking really hard about a beretta just so I could eventually pair it with a storm carbine.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Sweet. A Beretta is on my list. I was thinking the 92FS, I want the closest thing to the M9. Havent done much research yet. Still beautiful pistol, what kind of ammo did you use, I take it you had no issues.

M9-marked, US-made pistols are available. Just saw one sold 2 weeks ago, came in a small brown cardboard box and everything.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=186825539

Here's a special edition kit with pistol belt, Bianchi holster & mag pouch, etc...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=186228351

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom