• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Not a fan of snub noses since I can't carry in this gulag of a state. Here's hoping they make a 4 or 6 inch version. Then I'll be drooling for one.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    There have been a few 9x19 revolvers, the Ruger SP101 and S&W 940 being the most popular(relatively speaking), the convertable blackhawks, and the 6rd S&W 547 Joe posted about earlier. The 547 was a notable FAIL for S&W, it was difficult to manufacture, and involved a large cost to develop for export to Israel being it was designed to use 9x19 without moon clips. Israel wanted to arm Palestinian police with a simple and slow sidearm instead of a modern semi like the Jericho or M9. When the revolvers were finished, Israel ended up basically copying it, IMI manufactured it, and they cancelled the S&W order, so the 547 hit the civilian market en masse in the early 80s. Most 9mm revolvers suffer from lack of popularity, guess 9mm fans and revolver fans are 2 separate incompatible groups, nothing wrong with one though. Extracting ammo without clips is nice, but an option to use clips is better, the 547 and Charter bulldog are not compatible with clips out of the box. Even the S&W and Ruger models that use moon clips can work without them, they head space on the case mouths, and can be extracted with most any short rod that can push them out from the front of the cylinder.

I have fired and worked on Charter arms revolvers in the past, and while they have interesting model and caliber choices, their build quality and feel is poor, in fact Taurus makes a better revolver than Charter, S&W Ruger and Colt are in a different league entirely. The examples I have dealt with have a lot of cylinder slop, erratic timing, rough finishes, lots of stacking on the trigger pull, machining marks and burrs galore. While the concept is neat, and cheap/available 9mm can be fun in a revolver, I would look for a used S&W or Ruger instead, especially being they take moon clips.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Because you can then use the same ammo as your semi-autos, and pretend you are a NATO troop! :lol2:

I like pretending I am a NATO trooper. Here I am last year.....

dont_aa361b_177233.gif

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    This is supposed to come in .45 soon enough. Then I'll probably pick one up. The 9 is tempting, but an affordable .45 snubby would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom