• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    New AR Build most Likely 300 Blackout updated 04/11/2012

Well I promised, Mark at 2A, that I would provide status pics for my new build. So this weekend I did a little work.

It is a Black Rain Ordnance Billet Upper and Lower, (this was going to be the project I was goin to use the Head Down Lower on). I have an LWRC lower parts kit with Nickel-Boron Trigger I am using the LWRC buffer tube and Spring but I am using a Spikes ST-T2 Buffer. KNS Anti-Roll trigger/Hammer Pins, Phase 5 EBR V2. Noveske rear plate with QD sling attachment.

Waiting on my spikes tactical ambi safety, Rock River star selector will not work on a lower with selector lugs. I have a Black Mag Pul Miad Grip waiting to go once the selector is here. I am also waiting on a black Mag-Pul ACS stock, I loved the ACS on my Spikes.

I haven't decided if I am going to do a color fill or not, BRO has a nice roll mark on the lower and the upper.

I am 85% sure I am going .300 Black out with free float but I haven't really gotten to that point.

I still need to get a BCM Gunfigther Large charging handle and forward assist assembly. Of course once I finalize my barrel and free float I will get my BCG

Here are some pics as it sits right now. This my first complete build from parts.

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0037-1.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

EBR is Depressed and you can see it barely makes contact with the lower
    IMG_0049.jpg

EBR Disengaged, plenty of clearance.
    IMG_0048.jpg

New Stock Ejection side, ejection port open
    IMG_0046.jpg

New Stock Ejection Sisde, Ejection Port Closed
    IMG_0045.jpg

New Stock EBR Side
    IMG_0044.jpg

QD Sling Attachment
    IMG_0043.jpg

Noveske Receiver plate for QD sling attachment.
    IMG_0042.jpg

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    WARPIG [USMC];1605425 said:
    Love that lower! Gorgeous! What battery assist is that?

Thanks

I have the grip on and safety selector in, I am waiting on my stock and then I have to get a little more funds to do the barrel and BCG. I still do not know what I am going to do for color fill though the evil black rifle look is growing on me.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    I reall like those receivers! How is the clearance on the EBR with the KNS pins? I have 2nd gen pins and have been worried about buying a BAD or EBR because of them.

John

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I reall like those receivers! How is the clearance on the EBR with the KNS pins? I have 2nd gen pins and have been worried about buying a BAD or EBR because of them.

John

Clearance is fine though the EBR just kisses the lower near top of the trigger area right where the EBR curves into the trigger area.. I had to contact Phase 5 because I was worried about the thickening they sometimes do on billet receivers.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have ordered my forward assist. Now I have to give real thought tot he barrel, gas system, BCG, free float, muzzle device, and MBUIS. I have a pretty good idea but the next part is going to coast me much more than what I have done right now.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    Clearance is fine though the EBR just kisses the lower near top of the trigger area right where the EBR curves into the trigger area.. I had to contact Phase 5 because I was worried about the thickening they sometimes do on billet receivers.

So with a forged lower it would fit even better, or at least easily clear both my KNS pins and my trigger guard?

John

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So with a forged lower it would fit even better, or at least easily clear both my KNS pins and my trigger guard?

John

There is 0 clearance issue with the KNS pins and trigger guard. The lever barely touches the receiver. But to answer your question most likely no issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom