• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Well for Buy a gun week I purchased a Springfield XD-45 Compact, and I purchased a Romanian Tok TT-33, and a CZ-52 from SOG and from AIM I got 1,224 rounds of 7.62X25, and I am a little disappointed with my order with SOG. As you will see by the photos below, when I took the TT-33 out of the box I noticed that the rear sight was pushed way off of alignment... Is that what I get for paying the additional $ 10.00 hand pick fee??

So I contacted SOG about the rear sight and the lady on the phone said "well this happens from time to time during shipping, just tap it back in and you will be good to go." Well For me that is not an option being that I do not have any punches, so that just screws me big time.

Is this a normal thing for the TT-33's for the rear sight to shift? If so I think that it was a waste of time for me to even get this, or was this a normal SOG fock up. I have heard good things about SOG that's why I went with them.

Now don't get me wrong they are both in cosmetically great shape, but that rear sight issue just ticks me the hell off.

Sorry about the poor pics, but what do you expect from the Iphone.

Attachments

• IMG_0257.jpg
      IMG_0257.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 321
    • IMG_0260.jpg
      IMG_0260.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 322
    • IMG_0261.jpg
      IMG_0261.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 328
    • IMG_0259.jpg
      IMG_0259.jpg
      60.4 KB · Views: 318
    • IMG_0258.jpg
      IMG_0258.jpg
      61.3 KB · Views: 330

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    That really sucks! I would call SOG again and tell them you want to return it or trade it for another one. Talk to someone else and not the same person or ask for someone in charge. As far as I am concerned it is their responsibility to make it right. You did pay for the handpick fee and didn't get a better pistol. My sights on the Polish and Romy TT-33's are nowhere near that far off. Another option is to get them to refund you the $10 handpick fee and buy some punches to fix the sight with the refund. ;)

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    sbarber,

I agree with coinboy & fivepointstar. SOG should make it right. In my experience, they will. Don't know who you spoke with at SOG, but I only deal with a young lady in their customer service named Kelly at ext. 226. I've never had any issue she would not immediately correct.
    As another example, my brother in California recently received an order of 7.62X25 Bulgy ammo that was full of crappy & split cases. With only him sending an email to SOG, They replaced the entire order at their shipping expense. They told him to keep the other ammo and use what he thought would be safe. So far, in my experience, their customer service has been outstanding.

BTW...nice guns...!!!

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    It's broken beyond all hope and totally worthless at this point, I'll give ya 20 bucks for it as scrap metal.:D

Awwww come one now you cant be that cheap...

is the alignment mark on the site lined up with the slide mark? I'd just adjust it with a hammer and brass punch.

No it is not even close to lined up, There is the mark on the sights and on the slide, but with no punches at this current time, I cannot adjust it

Cheapskate, we all know it's worth way more than that . . . :D

So, I'll give you the full $25. :o

Check your PM's Scott. :)

Price getting better now lol, and PM responded to THANKS

I bid $30. :)

I never pay the handpick fee at SOG. All my best purchases from them have been the ones without it.

Do I hear $40 lol

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    Well an update SOG has given me a credit for the screw up and thanks to ED the sight is fixed and looks as good as new. Now I just need to get a set of punches.

Again, Thanks ED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom