• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Including gap letters

Get your fedex going!

RM1IHCS- M1 Garand IHC Service Grade. Only part guaranteed to be IHC is the receiver. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Service Grade description on website.
    $960.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1IHCF- M1 Garand IHC Field Grade. Only part guaranteed to be IHC is the receiver. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Field Grade description on website.
    $810.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1IHCSLMR- M1 Garand IHC Service Grade with IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Service Grade description on website.
    $1010.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1IHCFLMR- M1 Garand IHC Field Grade with IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Field Grade description on website.

RM1IHCSGAP4- M1 Service Grade IHC with 4 million Gap Letter IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed.
    $1110.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1DSPECIAL- M1D Garand Service Grade Springfield. Reparked SA receiver with new 1952-1953 dated M1D barrel. Reparked parts. New Walnut stock/handguards. Reproduction HI-LUX optics M82 scope and reproduction M82 mount.
    $2000.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

I'd be interested in seeing what the new D's look like....

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I'm curious about the scope mount they are using. The m82's are good scopes (tested in the filed) unlike most of the m84 repros.

I still have not heard of a working m1d mount though.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Including gap letters

Get your fedex going!

RM1IHCS- M1 Garand IHC Service Grade. Only part guaranteed to be IHC is the receiver. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Service Grade description on website.

RM1IHCF- M1 Garand IHC Field Grade. Only part guaranteed to be IHC is the receiver. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Field Grade description on website.
    $810.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1IHCSLMR- M1 Garand IHC Service Grade with IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Service Grade description on website.
    $1010.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1IHCFLMR- M1 Garand IHC Field Grade with IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed. Please see M1 Field Grade description on website.

RM1IHCSGAP4- M1 Service Grade IHC with 4 million Gap Letter IHC receiver and LMR barrel. Some other parts could be IHC but not guaranteed.
    $1110.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

RM1DSPECIAL- M1D Garand Service Grade Springfield. Reparked SA receiver with new 1952-1953 dated M1D barrel. Reparked parts. New Walnut stock/handguards. Reproduction HI-LUX optics M82 scope and reproduction M82 mount.
    $2000.00 - Free Shipping except AK, HI, PR.

I'd be interested in seeing what the new D's look like....

You missed an important note in the announcement: They are not taking orders until March 11 and are disregarding any orders received before then. Timing is critical.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Can you elaborate on this ^^^???

The repro mounts have two main problems.

The mount is a block of steel that screws into the barrel block.

The screw has a large knurled cap on one end.

Between the Knurled cap and the mount is a spring loaded rachet pin.

The rachet pins do not engage properly- primarily a problem with the beveled end of the pin and the extension length. (hole too deep?). You really need to torque the screw to get it to hold.

The screw is press fit into the Knurled cap. Torquing the cap enough so that it holds combined with recoil forces the pin to loosen in the cap. It backs out of the press fitting. Once it starts to move your done accuracy wise....USGI caps are rivited repros are welded.

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I have my IHC. I do not need another.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont

I know... I've been sitting here rocking back and forth saying the same thing. Tough, but there are other things I want right now and its time to start concentrating on guns I don't have, not 2nds or 3rds, ect on ones I already have.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I know... I've been sitting here rocking back and forth saying the same thing. Tough, but there are other things I want right now and its time to start concentrating on guns I don't have, not 2nds or 3rds, ect on ones I already have.

I'm generally with you on this but I'm not very happy with the IHC I received the last time around so I'm going to try for one this time and sell whichever one I like less

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    How uncommon are the gap letter receivers?

According to Bruce Canfield's book, The M1 Garand Rifle, there were 22,000 produced by SA for IHC in the 4.6 million SN range, and 13,243 made by SA in the 5.1-5.2 million SN range. I found one on GunBroker a few months ago and won the auction at $1,425. My receiver is in the 4.6 SN range and has O-65 etched on the heel so it appears to have been in the hands of the Marines at some point.

Lew--Ranger63

unclebuck

Jan 26, 2013
    If I didn't already have an IHC from the previous release I'd have sent in for one of the LMR barreled options. The gap letter would be a very nice score only if it happens to have a large number of original parts. I'm guessing most of the gap letters that are near original will be set aside for auction. I'm also guessing the gap letters will be most in demand and sell out first.

The non-LMR barreled options are likely to be mixmasters that don't justify the premium over a regular FG/SG. There will be orders posted on the CMP forum where FG's arrive in near original condition which could pass as SG's, but they'll be the exceptions. If you're just looking for an IHC to round out a collection the SG IHC may be a good option as it will probably be least in demand.

If you do try to order from this release and haven't sent in yet, fedex it overnight. The last release was sold out in the first two days.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Here's a little advice for those who want an IHC, but aren't going to take their chances with CMP, are going to lose out at CMP this week or who aren't in a position, or ready, to purchase at this time.

I have owned 24 IHCs, but chose to sell 9 of them in 2011...mostly on the free CMP Garand sales forum. In 2014, I purchased a dozen IHCs and none were from CMP. I found several of them on the CMP sales forum and a few came from GunBroker auctions.

If one is patient, I am convinced that you can find one that will meet your needs, and not cost a small fortune. Here's an example of a great buy I made on GunBroker for $1,190 shipped in August 2014. This one came with a few warts: a blued barrel and a blued receiver, an import marked LMR barrel with bad barrel specs, ME and TE and an import mark on the barrel.

HOWEVER, every part is IHC and the heavily sanded stock is a numbered Overton made for IHC. I figure that I can replace the barrel and have those parts reparked for about $300, or a total investment of $1,490. When it is corrected, the rifle should be worth $1800 plus.

Buyers, I believe, saw the bluing, the poor barrel specs and the import mark and decided not to bid, but they overlooked the fact that every part is IHC, and I've seen few that are 100% IHC. (I do have a nice IHC Collector grade that passed through Scott Duff's hands in 2011; it came with all the CMP papers/documentation and shipping container and ran $2,800).

And, in 2014 I purchased three other IHCs for less than $1,300, albeit with fewer IHCs parts on them, but good value nonetheless.

And, you can count on several of tomorrows issues from CMP to be on the market real soon, like before the end of the week. Yes, they'll be $1,200 plus, but....

Lew--Ranger63
    US Army (Ret-'84)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom