new crime re: any "device . . . composed of a metal or metal alloy other than lead"

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Forthefunofit

Mar 25, 2013
    Ridgely, MD
    Non toxic shotshells

So are we to infer from this that lead shotshells will be legal again, and non-toxics illegal? Clearly no clue. Or does the shotshell count as a plastic coating??? Time to vote with my feet and move from this tyranny we call MD.:envy:

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    So what happened with this last night? Any updates?

At the committee markup, there was a very confused discussion on this provision. If any member of either party knew much about ammunition, it was not apparent from the discussion. The Democratic co-chair of the committee said, supposed based on information from the State Police, that the initial provision was consistent with federal law -- which, of course, was ludicrous. Federal law (and state law) prohibits not only use, but even mere possession of lead shot when hunting waterfowl, as I recall. Anyway, this issue was relegated to some back room discussion, and replacement language was later accepted by agreement, but I don't have it yet and I don't know what it says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom