• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L

looknfarnwide

Hello All...Nice to find such a site.

I am a newly hired Armored Car Driver and will soon be filing out my request for a Maryland Handgun Permit. I am VERY afraid that I may be turned down since I have sought treatment for depression. Will MSP flatly turn my application down since I have been treated for "mental disorder?" I am doing exceedingly well and don't have issues with depression anymore, however, I still see the doc to get meds. I was recently a security guard and have my valid MD Guard Card. During the application for that card I checked the yes box on the app asking about seeing a psychiatrist. MSP asked for a letter from the doc stating "that i have been or continue to be treated without incidence" before approving my application. Will MSP just ask for this certification from the doc again or will they deny my application?....

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hello All...Nice to find such a site.

I am a newly hired Armored Car Driver and will soon be filing out my request for a Maryland Handgun Permit. I am VERY afraid that I may be turned down since I have sought treatment for depression. Will MSP flatly turn my application down since I have been treated for "mental disorder?" I am doing exceedingly well and don't have issues with depression anymore, however, I still see the doc to get meds. I was recently a security guard and have my valid MD Guard Card. During the application for that card I checked the yes box on the app asking about seeing a psychiatrist. MSP asked for a letter from the doc stating "that i have been or continue to be treated without incidence" before approving my application. Will MSP just ask for this certification from the doc again or will they deny my application?....

Youll be fine with a Letter from the Doctor stating your no risk. If you had not told the MSP about the treatment they never would have found out. The Armored Car Company would have caught you on the Polygraph though if the questions were asked during the investigation process, same as with drug use. Smetimes Prescription drug use will keep a company from putting you on the Truck or allow you to drive or be a jumper.

Im very familiar with these hiring practices. I do I.T. work for a large Armored Car Company.

Welcome to MD Shooters

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!

Take a look at these links – LOTS of good info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FAQ/Q&A on Maryland Firearm Laws[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    April 2008 I had a guy commit suicide by jumping in front of my work truck,, I sought help because it was a bad period for me, I am able to purchase "regulated" firearms.

Best of luck,
    Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom