• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdvctry

Follow Me @DukesDefense
    Nov 10, 2011
    Thanks... any local reloading folks around? need some advice on setting up the press and dies for my first reloading effort in the next month or so..

Current project is working out the kinks on a carbine AR15 build, billet lower I put together, plus a 16" Adams Arms Evo Ultra Lite piston upper... put about 500 rounds through so far and dialing in a EoTech XPS 2-2 sight on it (just got the 3x magnifier today and will be putting it through the paces soon). Really want to develop some reliable/accurate loads tailored for it.

Back burner projects are an older AR15 20" HBAR with the A1 style carry handle, currently have a Burris scope on it, but want to convert to a flat-top upper w/Adams arms piston upgrade kit and lose the front sight tower/gas block and install a flash suppressor (not threaded at present).

Also am dialing in a Remington 700 ADL 30-06 (sat in the safe for years, but startign to get serious about long-range shooting), as well as improving my handgun skills (currently have Glock 23 and Glock 21 and plan to reload for these as well).

Eventually want to try my hand at competition at some point, but am still working up to that... someday though...

Welcome! Check in with Bollinger's Gunsmith & Sales and see if they have contact info for Mike Pennington. He is a former Army sniper and teaches long range precision shooting. He can help dial in your Remington 700. There's lots of information about reloading in the reloading forum and if you want to send me an email to the address in my signature block with your question I'll try to point you in the right direction.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 48

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Welcome! Check in with Bollinger's Gunsmith & Sales and see if they have contact info for Mike Pennington. He is a former Army sniper and teaches long range precision shooting. He can help dial in your Remington 700. There's lots of information about reloading in the reloading forum and if you want to send me an email to the address in my signature block with your question I'll try to point you in the right direction.

Will do soon, thank you!

Curl16

Daughter of a King
    Jun 5, 2013
    Carroll County
    Welcome from another new member! Sounds like we need to get all the Carroll county folks together--or maybe I've already met some of you standing in line at the Eldersburg wm for ammo?

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Welcome from another new member! Sounds like we need to get all the Carroll county folks together--or maybe I've already met some of you standing in line at the Eldersburg wm for ammo?

Honestly I got tired of checking there all the time... I just check gunbot and buy when the right price shows up.... managed to pick up quite a bit of 223/556 for 40-45 cents per round.... got lucky and caught it at 35 cents one day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom