• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So I got one of these in park with an OD handle:

http://www.robertrtg.com/g3steelsef.html

The trigger pack fit perfect, but the shelf they welded in was obviously on a bit of a slant. So I used a dremel and flat file on it. Then the back part that is held by the push pin needed just a bit of dremel so the pin would fit. Finally, the long narrow part that fits with the butt stock assembly was sticking up. So I put it on a flat metal surface and gave it some gentle wacks with a rubber mallet. That flattened it out and now everything fits. Well - sort of. The Polymer lower it came with has these "ears" that cover the area above the safety release. The new (or should I say old style) lower sort of stops short there.

But - it is sharp looking! The park finish goes well with the GI model. And the handle feels soooo much better with the thumb rest. :party29:

I also added the wide handguard and duracoated the buttstock and hand guards (both original slim and new wide) the same shade OD since none of them really were an exact match.

Oh - and I added a bayonet holder in place of the charging handle cap. Still waiting on the bayonet (it's back ordered from Numrich).

[NOTE: need to get a shorter selector switch with this lower, it is slightly more narrow than the polymer lower.]

Attachments

• DSC_0049.jpg
      DSC_0049.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 2,025
    • DSC_0050.jpg
      DSC_0050.jpg
      87.8 KB · Views: 2,010
    • DSC_0051.jpg
      DSC_0051.jpg
      78.8 KB · Views: 1,537
    • DSC_0052.jpg
      DSC_0052.jpg
      83.1 KB · Views: 1,432

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Looks great! If my receiver on my century wasn't tweeked I would prob make it look good, but as it is.. It was 650.00 and it works..just have to damn near beat the butt stock off or hook it to the truck to pull it off.:sad20:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    If you want to clip and pin your own, I have a new plastic navy lower here somewhere. I bought and planned on doing it but since my receiver is so tweeked, I decided against it. I'd sell it for 50.00

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I ALWAYS get someone asking me "what kind of rifle is that?" when I go to the range. And I also get the hairy eyeball from other shooters when they see the brass flung forward on range grass 35 feet away from me.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I ALWAYS get someone asking me "what kind of rifle is that?" when I go to the range. And I also get the hairy eyeball from other shooters when they see the brass flung forward on range grass 35 feet away from me.

My vepr in 54r flings it 25-30ft to the right. If I sit on the left of the range I can clear the line in 15-20 mins.lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom