• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Has anyone obtained a nh permit recently? I see one place says you have to have a permit from the state you live in another place says you can have any state permit. Obviously I don't have a md permit. Anybody know which is true? Thanks for the help guys

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The direct answer is "permit from any State" . And so far is still honored by a certain State to our north.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    PLEASE NOTE: The State of New Hampshire will only recognize resident concealed handgun licenses from these states. Concealed handgun licenses issued by the State of New Hampshire to out-of-state residents are ONLY valid within the State of New Hampshire or within a state other than the licensee’s home state that reciprocally recognizes New Hampshire nonresident concealed carry licenses.​
    It is extremely important that all license holders be aware of the laws and requirements of all reciprocating states when visiting/traveling. Possession of a license does not supersede any other state's laws or license requirements. License holders are subject to the laws of the state they are visiting.
    If you are a New Hampshire Pistol/Revolver License holder traveling to another state and wish to carry a concealed weapon using your New Hampshire license, contact that state directly to confirm their recognition status before carrying concealed weapons

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    See the application states "a copy of a valid permit issues by the state you reside in" I have seen places online saying you must have a permit issues by your home state and have also seen others saying "any" state issued permit. I just don't want to apply and have them disapprove me. That could hurt me when applying in the future if I have to put on a application that a state denied me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I didn't read that far. Guess for you it's a no go. You might want to contact the State Police and see what they say.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I didn't read that far. Guess for you it's a no go. You might want to contact the State Police and see what they say.

Thanks for everyone's response:). I will contact the state police Monday and see what they say. This would really be stupid if one can't obtain the permit for this reason. But it looks like I'm out of luck with NH. No big deal though I'm just trying to obtain as many permits as I can. I travel a lot and the way the laws change I believe the more permits the better. Think I will try for Maine next

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    They made a change to the admin rules and pulled a fast one. Most likely at the suggestion of Kathleen Kane from pa who doesn't want PA residents carrying on NH permits.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    They made a change to the admin rules and pulled a fast one. Most likely at the suggestion of Kathleen Kane from pa who doesn't want PA residents carrying on NH permits.

Things like that are why I completely understand why they would require you to have your state permit before applying for the NH permit it makes perfect sense. But states like ours where you can't get a permit and has no reciprocity with any other state should make it a no brainer to allow us to just be able to provide any state permit.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Simple solution, NH could act just as utah does. If you apply and your home state has reciprocity with NH then you have to already have your state permit. But all good I will get other non res permits

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have Fl, UT, NV and VA.

Reciprocity changes seem to happen frequently. When NV dropped FL I flew to Vegas to see friends and got my NV NR permit while I was there 4 years ago

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Things like that are why I completely understand why they would require you to have your state permit before applying for the NH permit it makes perfect sense. But states like ours where you can't get a permit and has no reciprocity with any other state should make it a no brainer to allow us to just be able to provide any state permit.

We are collateral damage and they don't care.

The glimmer of hope is that Utah had the same rule and changed it so that only if your state had reciprocity you needed a home state permit. That's what PGNH and GONH are working on. There's also the nuclear option of suing the state as happened in CT where they had the same rule as NH, a NJ man sued the state (because NJ is a no issue/right denied state) and won. So now you can use a permit from any state to apply for a CT permit.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Simple solution, NH could act just as utah does. If you apply and your home state has reciprocity with NH then you have to already have your state permit. But all good I will get other non res permits

Seems it would be much simpler for each state that offers NR permits to require their own residents to have resident carry permits.

Problem solved. No other reciprocity complications at all.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Seems it would be much simpler for each state that offers NR permits to require their own residents to have resident carry permits.

Problem solved. No other reciprocity complications at all.

It would be that simple except that in some states the courts ruled that they can't do that (Pennsylvania). It may even require a constitutional amendment. Also some places like Philly are sorta may issue.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I have Fl, UT, NV and VA.

Reciprocity changes seem to happen frequently. When NV dropped FL I flew to Vegas to see friends and got my NV NR permit while I was there 4 years ago

I think I will do that on my next Vegas trip.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you want to contact a certified NV instructor, contact Kurt Gepke. Good instructor. NV has a live fire qualification and Kurt handles everything for you. He alos has some very cool "toys". I got my permit from LV Metro Police in 23 days. Very squared away operation, especially compared to the clowns in MD.

www.teamdigit.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom