• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    On another thread Medic 87 posted instructions on how he painted his Rem 700 5R. I didn't want to try it on mine until I tried it on another gun. I painted my PTR91 and really was impressed at how easy it was and how good it came out. Time to go paint the rest of the mags. Thanks Medic87.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    I originally was going to leave the selector and fire indicators as they were but, as I think about it, I can easily tell if it is on safe or fire, and can easily feel the selector. I cannot think of a reason not to. I left the sights alone (inside of front one is still black) to make target acquisition easier. I had the trigger pack removed and will probably leave the trigger black too. Now I have to do that and put the scope on and paint that too.

It is so easy to do this. Give it a try. One thing I did different from Medic though. I used a brown paint that had texture to it. I am putting that on the bottom of the mags and in places along the gun where texture is helpful. Should make operating while wearing gloves easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom