Just thought I'd share my first acquisition in 2013: new HK SL8-6

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      81.5 KB · Views: 588

Quattro03

Mar 29, 2009
    Severna Park, MD
    I'd love to find a USC....GunBroker prices are still close to/over $2K. I'm just not going to pay it at this time. The SL8 was something I stumbled upon and impulse purchased. The reality is I simply don't have anywhere I can go shoot it regularly (except my home town of Bristol, TN which I get back to only once/year)....not to mention the difficulty in finding ammo right now. I've got plenty of .45 though...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I'd love to find a USC....GunBroker prices are still close to/over $2K. I'm just not going to pay it at this time. The SL8 was something I stumbled upon and impulse purchased. The reality is I simply don't have anywhere I can go shoot it regularly (except my home town of Bristol, TN which I get back to only once/year)....not to mention the difficulty in finding ammo right now. I've got plenty of .45 though...

I'm with you. I can't tell you how many people asked me about building them a rifle to reach out to 300-1000 yards... my first question was always "well, where are you going to shoot it?" Followed by a blank stare... then a response of "oh... good point".

I have lived in this area almost my whole life and have found you really can only be challenged with pistol or carbine shooting. Sure you can punch a one-hole group with your fancy rifle at 100 yards, but so can anyone who can sit still and practice marksmanship fundamentals. Having a $5000 long-distance rifle is cool, but plinking at 50-100 yards is like taking a Ferrari to a go-kart track.

IDPA, USPSA, IPSC, 3-gun are all things you can do around here and have a lot of fun with. I hope you can get a USC, HK carbines/subguns are a blast. I snagged a MKE AT-94 (MP5 clone) for $1400 shortly before the panic. I've seen them for. $2600+, used on gunbroker recently. Don't get ripped on your USC but remember HKs hold and often increase in value over time as they don't import a ton, and the legacy HK94/93/91 rifles are finite. I'd snag one for the best price you can find soon, or you may be looking at $3-4k USCs thinking "damn I should have gotten one when they were only $2k."

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Quattro03

Mar 29, 2009
    Severna Park, MD
    SL8-6

Gents-

I've decided to sell the whole package including my Leupold CQ/T. See attached. IM/PM if interested. Enjoy the weather - Quattro03

Attachments

• IMG_2939.jpg
      IMG_2939.jpg
      155.2 KB · Views: 180
    • IMG_2933.jpg
      IMG_2933.jpg
      72.7 KB · Views: 188

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members