• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Hoping this may help my wife with the trigger. If not, then at least its something I can use for working on left handed. She does not get to the range much so I figure 10 minutes at a time at home once and a while.

[YT]xd_WITPksz0[/YT]

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Let us know how that turns out. I was looking at those, they looked good, but kind of expensive.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I'm also curious how this works out for you and whether you think you're improving.

At what distances can this be used?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I like it. It's another great training tool. Best for teaching to shoot with both eyes open and marksmanship with bothe hands. Also great for training around your house. You don't really need the target, just the laser bullet. The batteries go out fast, and some seem to not work longer than a few months. I got at least a years use of my first one before it stopped working. I have laserlyte and its competitor product, both are good.

This product is not their newest its a can looking target that falls over when you shoot it. Doesn't appeal to me.

Sting

Member, League the Armed
    Apr 28, 2013
    Rockville
    I have been looking at this all week. The reviews complain about the battery life and the lifetime of the training rounds. Also comments that the target needs to be in dim light conditions. Some complaints about the items not working at all. Price is just high enough to make me consider this a while longer but I think I will ultimately buy a set.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I have been looking at this all week. The reviews complain about the battery life and the lifetime of the training rounds. Also comments that the target needs to be in dim light conditions. Some complaints about the items not working at all. Price is just high enough to make me consider this a while longer but I think I will ultimately buy a set.

Yes, this exactly. My first laserlyte worked great, but when I tried to change batteries, it was just dead. A couple buddies also bought them (after borrowing mine), and 2 guys had theirs die after just a few weeks/months. Others are working fine.

I also like just dry firing, blue guns, air soft, and bb/pellet for non-shooting applications. The laser just gives you instant indication of where your bullet would have hit. I didn't learn to shoot well with my other hand until I did extensive training with the laser system. Now, I've actually done a 3-gun match with pistol on my non-dominate side just for the training under stress effect. Good skill to have, especially since I have to qualify every year and some of the strings of fire require 'weak' hand shooting.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

******I have used this system and it worked well for me. I had zero problems with battery life on both the cartridge as well as main unit. I shot thousands of times at that thing and it worked well. I replaced my laser cartridge in my Glock 17 with a dedicated SIRT pistol and that system works really well with the receiver unit in the original picture. I also have the laserlyte reaction targets (the small ones that come as a set) and really enjoy those more as they are smaller targets that simply flash and beep at a hit as opposed to giving you precise shot placement. I have used those outdoors on a not sunny day to easily 25 yards with the SIRT pistol and they work fine.

Also, the large box one pictured shows general shot placement when you start getting really tight groups. The LED's that show shot placement are pretty big and do not overlap so it's not like you can shoot all ten ring and have it show up.

Great training tool even though as you get better you might be better served with the smaller targets that merely show a hit versus not, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Also I found the laser teaches shooting with both eyes open the best of any other tool.

Because when shooting, you must have both eyes open to see where the laser hits.

Here's a good explanation on how to start shooting with both eyes open.

Sting

Member, League the Armed
    Apr 28, 2013
    Rockville
    My Laserlyte target and 9mm laser cartridge arrived last night. Cartridge seems to work about 90% of the time. Shot about a hundred times. Helpful even when shooting the laser at the wall. It shows the effect of trigger pull. I find it helpfully over all. It will help me with trigger pull and shooting without using the sights. This will cut down on training costs and good when it's not practical to go to a range.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I bought this for my Son for Christmas. He's a Marine and I thought it might be a help to him between pistol qual's. I picked up the blue pistol with barrel insert and a pair of reaction time targets.

The batteries that came in the package for the barrel insert barely worked for like 3-4 trigger pulls. Luckily, I had also purchased a large amount of replacement batteries for him. We changed them out and it's been working fine since.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    ******I have used this system and it worked well for me. I had zero problems with battery life on both the cartridge as well as main unit. I shot thousands of times at that thing and it worked well. I replaced my laser cartridge in my Glock 17 with a dedicated SIRT pistol and that system works really well with the receiver unit in the original picture. I also have the laserlyte reaction targets (the small ones that come as a set) and really enjoy those more as they are smaller targets that simply flash and beep at a hit as opposed to giving you precise shot placement. I have used those outdoors on a not sunny day to easily 25 yards with the SIRT pistol and they work fine.

Also, the large box one pictured shows general shot placement when you start getting really tight groups. The LED's that show shot placement are pretty big and do not overlap so it's not like you can shoot all ten ring and have it show up.

Great training tool even though as you get better you might be better served with the smaller targets that merely show a hit versus not, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:thumbsup: for SIRT. My wife bought me one for my b-day this year. Green and red laser combo. It seems so much higher in quality that the Laserlyte products. I have a bunch of the Laserlyte targets and jumping cans though. They are a lot of fun.

Sting

Member, League the Armed
    Apr 28, 2013
    Rockville
    I find that you could use a camera on video mode and a white target if you did not want to buy the electronic target to register the laser hits. All you need is the Laserlyte cartridge, which goes for about $80. The electronic target is about $130.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom