• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013
    Went there about three times to the new location. Never had to wait more than ten minutes for handgun or rifle range all on Saturday's. lucky I guess. Love this place.

MovingFusion

Dec 29, 2012
    Just a friendly piece of advice to everyone. If you bring a shotgun, try not to shoot the hell out of the target holders. They had to replace one this weekend when I was in the rifle range and the guy sounded pretty ticked off (like the dad from Christmas Story). Apparently, its been happening alot. It would be a shame if they stopped letting shotguns on the range.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Just a friendly piece of advice to everyone. If you bring a shotgun, try not to shoot the hell out of the target holders. They had to replace one this weekend when I was in the rifle range and the guy sounded pretty ticked off (like the dad from Christmas Story). Apparently, its been happening alot. It would be a shame if they stopped letting shotguns on the range.

bet ya is them people shooting from the hip..

altima98

Apr 6, 2008

Damn I am having flash about getting chewed out for stapling the target to high at NRA, might be a good idea for them to do the same thing and clamp cardboard to the hangers and make people staple them on. Although there might be an increase stapled finger injuries.

The Day after the range conversation:

What happened to your hand Bro, I got shot at the range, really with what? 12gauge... Really you got shot with a 12 gauge shotgun... No it was a 12 gauge staple from a staple gun

Rockslammer84

Jan 13, 2013
    I went there about a month ago and that place is a madhouse. Their were people disassembling they're guns all over the place and just all around unorganized and I felt it was almost dangerous. Well that and I waited around for over an hour watching the number board waiting for our number to be show up, so we left and went to on target instead.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Actually, I do recall thinking to myself when I first got to the range that the target holders seemed a little low. Maybe their target (haha) demographic is the short girl or the midget guy?

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012

The targets that are ripped up are from Birdshot. I mean if they allow Birdshot, it is going to happen with the spread at a distance. When I go, most shotgun shooters are shooting buck or slug, and finish a target off with a birdshot or two just for the hell of it. Good thing they are using cheap recyclable target holders. They probably have 20000 in the back room. With cheap targets like that, they just need to have someone do a consistent rotation to check targets. I usually look around all the lanes before I leave, and inform them at the desk to change it, and they will quickly.

Domino

Feb 22, 2013
    Calvert County
    Just their yesterday -- no waiting in the mid-afternoon -- for rifle ranges. Lots of cars in the parking lot though -- must have been handguns.

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    I went there about a month ago and that place is a madhouse. Their were people disassembling they're guns all over the place and just all around unorganized and I felt it was almost dangerous. Well that and I waited around for over an hour watching the number board waiting for our number to be show up, so we left and went to on target instead.

Going on a weekday is best. I have been there a few times Tues or Weds afternoon, and I'm the only one in a rifle room until I leave. You are asking for trouble going on a Saturday/maybe Sunday. I have been there on Sat evening around 6, and received a rifle lane in less than 10 mins on three occasions. So it is possible.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Finally made it there yesterday. Had the pistol range to myself for a little while. Air circulation is surely NOT an issue - it was blowing like a hurricane in there. Staff was helpful and friendly. I like that the rules allow a bit more than at On Target - drawing from a holster, shooting from a crouch, etc. Both range fee and ammo is more than at On-target, but all told it is a nice place.

Add photos too - MSAR lets you take pictures of your party as long as you don't photograph other customers. On Target disallows both. Consequently I take all first-timers to MSAR as they want picts to remember the event by.

I do like both and give both my business, but MSAR does have those advantages.

BDWMS

Feb 21, 2013
    Howard County
    I went to MSAR today for the first time. Got there at 11 and waited about an hour for a lane on the rifle range to open up. The handgun range had quite a bit of turnover during that time (mostly LEO and military). I spent about two hours shooting my 22 and trying to pattern my turkey gun. I had the range to myself for the last 45 minutes or so; there was no one waiting to get in there when I left around 2.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013

Felt the same way the first time I went there. Totally different experience the 2nd time since I guess they got their act together and fixed some of the growing pains from a new place.

I'm thinking of going tomorrow to break-in my newly assembled AR.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I finally got to check out the range this morning. The place is great. The pistal range was pretty busy but I used the riffle range which was pretty much empty. It was great shooting my new AR and now I plan on definitely going back next week for more practice.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    They got sued over "Ladie's Day" by a male who felt it was discrimination, so I don't think they offer that any longer. However, it is a very nice range and I don't think you can beat the price.

shit why would a male even care enough to take something like that so serious to sue them??? hell the old me would probably show up and sit in the parking lot trying to pick up woman :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom