• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I went back today with my coworkers who brought their guns. I bring all my own ammo but they went to buy multiple boxes of ammo for their guns and found out that they are only allowed to buy one box of ammo per caliber a lane. wow.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Geez, getting bad. It was 2 boxes just a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk.

Mista_Q

Feb 12, 2013
    PG County Maryland
    I went to MSAR this past Saturday to fire my new S&W SD9. I got there with a couple of my friends around 4 PM, and to my surprise, it was empty! Only a hand a handful of people were on the range, and no one was waiting. I assume it was the good weather that kept people away, since whenever I go there, it's packed!

I knew about the one box, per caliber, per lane limit, since they posted it on their facebook page last week. That SUX!!!
    Before going, I called Fred's Sports in Waldorf and they said they had a few boxes of 9mm. By the time I got there, they were all sold out. They said they had a line of people in there buying the ammo.

I already had 1 box of brass cased ammo, so I took that along with me, and bought another box at the range.

I had a blast shooting my S&W, love it. Pretty damn accurate too. All I have left now is a clip full of ammo, that i'm keeping in the house for protection. I hope this shortage ends soon..... I wanna get back out on the range.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I imagine the lack of ammo is thinning the crowds at the range as well.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I imagine the lack of ammo is thinning the crowds at the range as well.

This is the reason why my last range visit was last November. I usually go twice a month. I have some ammo stashed but am not going to use them if I can't find a way of replenishing them.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I was there on Sunday from 2:30pm till close. Rifle lanes were busy when I started but then thinned out as time went by. Only had to wait 15 mins for a lane.

In speaking with one of the range employees I was told that April usually marks the beginning of their slow season. The nicer it is outside, the less people come to the range.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    Tough to get a neighborhood on board with that I would think.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I think when I called to ask, they said anything but tracers. I asked because I had some CCI aluminum cased ammo.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Just got back from the range. It is an awesome range with good facilities and equipment.

Rates are reasonable and some ammo was available. But limited to one box per customer.

However....NO AUTOMATIC FIRE ALLOWED. WTF? Whoever said it was okay to fire legal machine-guns there, knows the secret handshake . I don't.. So no happy switch today. Bummer......... So I went home, ate a taco bell nacho grande and a steak buritto. Magdump at my special happy place soon.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just got back from the range. It is an awesome range with good facilities and equipment.

Rates are reasonable and some ammo was available. But limited to one box per customer.

However....NO AUTOMATIC FIRE ALLOWED. WTF? Whoever said it was okay to fire legal machine-guns there, knows the secret handshake . I don't.. So no happy switch today. Bummer......... So I went home, ate a taco bell nacho grande and a steak buritto. Magdump at my special happy place soon.

Well..., if you bring a can, I MAY (no guarantee though), be able to put you onto a private spot to do some FA goodness if your itching bad. ;)

j2k4r

Apr 11, 2009
    Upper Marlboro
    So.. before MSAR added ARs I was driving out to Blue Ridge in Chantilly to shoot... is that also banned with our new laws? Thinking driving across the bridge with my AR in the trunk could be illegal at that point. IANAL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom