• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Hello everyone
    New to the forum. I live in the Rockville/Olney area. For some of you who know Montgomery County I'm 7min from Gilbert's Indoor Range.
    Last November I received my HQL and waiting to hear back for my Designated Firearms Collector license.

I'm a total noob. Would love to meet people, shoot at Gilbert's if anyone does and just learn more. I want to be more active in this Gun world. I'm a young buck only 25 Just purchased my FIRST gun from United Gun shop online. They had a (what I think is a sweet deal) on a Taurus Millennium G2 pt111. Felt great in my hands not sure if this is the best for 1st gun but hey on-sale for 199.

Really want to get a Springfield xdm9 or s&w mod 2. My neighbor let me hold his and I love them. Way more than the glock :(

Feel free to msg me or anything if your in the moco area.

Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome, from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Okay thanks
    I heard machine gun nest can get hectic at times.

Was there last night, a Saturday night when I thought they might be busy. There was one other shooter for about half an hour, then more folks rolled in. I told myself that they came from the rally in DC, which I couldn't make.

And welcome. Please do your part to support the 2A in Maryland, especially come this legislative session.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Welcome.

Monocacy Pistol Club in Frederick is great. The waiting list is down to single digits too. Go to a few matches get to know people and put your name on the list. Its a great club.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome. I live east of you.

Your like the 3rd person to say that. I mean it's very close to home. Is there anything close on our side of town?

I second this. I prefer to drive to these places over Gilbert.
    There are a couple IWLAs and there's Heritage Training Center in Frederic. There's also The Machine Gun Nest in Fredneck.

https://www.heritagetrainingcenter.com/

http://www.themachinegunnest.com/

The NRA range is good too. But traffic can be lousy if not careful about when you go.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Okay thanks
    I heard machine gun nest can get hectic at times.

Does anyone know if there is a recommendation part in the forum?... Wanted to know what people thought of my pt111 and maybe help selection for next gun.

I like TMGN but it does get extremely busy on the weekends. I like to call ahead to make sure there's not a long wait.

Heritage Training Center doesn't get quite as hectic because it has more lanes than TMGN but, again, I recommend calling before you go.

Welcome.

Monocacy Pistol Club in Frederick is great. The waiting list is down to single digits too. Go to a few matches get to know people and put your name on the list. Its a great club.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I concur.

I've been shooting with MPC as a guest at their pin and steel matches since 2015. The only reason I haven't already applied for membership is because my job keeps me traveling 35-40 weeks per year. Otherwise, I'm sure I would be a member by now. Seriously, they're some of the nicest folks I've ever encountered on a gun range anywhere.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 114

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Hello and welcome! One of the biggest problems with Gilbert's is that they make you buy their ammo which is very pricey. Depending on where you are, it may end up being cheaper to buy your ammo in bulk online and head out to the NRA range in Fairfax. If you go late Friday/Saturday, it's usually pretty empty and traffic is very light.

Also, be sure to take a trip down to Prince George's County Trap and Skeet Range. It's entirely different from shooting at a range and very fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom