• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    I am sort of new into guns. Well, I bought my first Marlin 795 22LR rifle almost 3 years ago in 2010 from Bass Pro in Mills. The rifle sat for two years . finally took it out and shoot 100 plus rounds in Glen Burnie range couple weeks ago. It was fun. I was lucky enough to buy 3 more boxes 255 rounds of bricks of 22LR ammo from wally world earlier this week so I will be shooting more.

Well my boy O Mallley pissed me off with this assult rifle ban. I decided to buy myself a AR15 before too late. Two days ago, I got myself a S&W M&P15ORC from Bass Pro shop. What do you guys think of S&W M&P15? I paid 1099 - 10% of discount for new bass pro credit card so it worked out 990 for gun or 1100 out to door with 2 20 rounds promag magazine, sale tax and guns transfere fee. Most gun store like Barts, Clyde, Pasadena Gun and Pawn or Select Fire quoted me 1500 or higher this past week. Why is AR15 so high in the area? Is it really that high or they try to take advantage of me?

M&PORC model means it has a CA magazine lock. Everything is the same as standard M&P15 but it comes with a 10 rounds clip. I picked up two 20 rounds clip from bass ro. Am I grand fathered the 20 rounds rule now? Bass Pro says they can take of the CA lock off with a 12 dollars part that i already paid for. Do anyone know anything about those CA magazine lock removal?

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    You can take the CA lock off yourself....research youtube videos. The Promags mags....you got ripped and trash them. They are junk....Smith & Wesson M&P15 are ok better than nothing. BTW hello from Washington County.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    If you ever make your way toward Hagerstown....PM me, I'll hook you up for some real mags and won't rip you off. I'll even help you remove your Bullet Button as well. Was the S&W cash and carry?

mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    The link was for a sport model. OR model is more expensive. Did I wasted money for OR model vs sport model? Based on my research, OR model has chrome lined barrel, dust cover and forward assist where sport model doesn't.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_787653_-1_757785_757784_image

Model M&P15ORC - Compliant Fixed Magazine & Bullet Button® What I got. I got it for 990 after 10% so i paid 7% less than MSRP from S&W. Bass Pro only changed me 10 bucks (for MSP) for paper work.

SKU #: 151009
    Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO /.223
    Capacity: 10 Rounds
    Barrel Length: 16"
    $1,069.00

Model M&P15 Sport™
    SKU #: 811036
    Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO
    Capacity: 30 Round Detachable Magazine
    Action: Semi-Auto
    $839.00

Should I return the 2 Promag clips? I paid 17 each for them. Cheaper than dirt has them for 10 bucks each but they charge u 12 dollars shipping so worked out about the same?

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    If you are allow to return the Promags, I would. Look into Colt, Troy, Pmags and G.I. issue mags. I'm a little heavy on Pmags due to all my darn Back Orders got Shipped. Guess it'll pay off in the long run.

mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    If you are allow to return the Promags, I would. Look into Colt, Troy, Pmags and G.I. issue mags. I'm a little heavy on Pmags due to all my darn Back Orders got Shipped. Guess it'll pay off in the long run.

I saw 20 rounds colt magazine for 2 dollars more at bass pro. Colt was metal and Promag was plastic. Is steel magazine better than plastic? i am just wondering

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum from Southern Maryland.

No point in worrying about paying to much now. Go out and enjoy your new rifle. The bullet button can be easily removed. You will need a Magazine Release Button Once you have the part watch this video http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11628/learn/

The following link will explain how to care for your AR 15. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=11013/learn/

Don't worry about the 10 round capacity magazine limit. The new law that goes into affect on October 1 only limits the capacity of magazines you purchase in Maryland. You can go to PA, WV or VA and purchase any magazine you want and bring it home with you. The law never has and does not restrict the ownership of standard capacity (30 round) or larger magazines.

Be safe and enjoy your rifle.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I saw 20 rounds colt magazine for 2 dollars more at bass pro. Colt was metal and Promag was plastic. Is steel magazine better than plastic? i am just wondering

I like the Magpul Pmags which are plastic. While metal magazines are the standard I find the plastic Pmags easier to maintain. Steel magazine will also dent and rust which can cause malfunctions. I'm not saying that the plastic magazines won't have malfunctions but I think I will notice if the plastic is broken.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    IMO, the only downside of the plastic mags is if you leave them loaded for a long time (like at least months if not years), the feed lips can be pushed out. Magpul makes a "dust cover" that supposedly reduces this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom