• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJH

Feb 3, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    hello everyone.

Until recently I have been an occasional shooter, mostly rental hand guns at the range or shooting trap with my 12ga. I would like to get more involved in long range shooting (1k and greater). I was recently handed down a Mauser 7x57 and plan on eventually moving up to something more substantial. I look forward to learning from all of your advice and experience. This board comes highly recommended.

Thanks,
    Trevor

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Not sure which thread to reply to . . . :drunk:

Welcome aboard Trevor. :beer:

Where to shoot? VA BCH? Stop over at SnipersHide.Com, register and zing Doc76251 a PM. Ask him about local attractions, he's down that way. Tell him I referred you. Craig is good people and he'll point you in the right direction.

TJH

Feb 3, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    Thanks ED. That is exactly what I was looking for. BTW, thanks for all the info in some of the other threads. I get the feeling you've forgotten more about this game than I'm likely to learn any time soon.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    TJH, welcome to the boards, man.

Ed is good people. A stand up guy and a hell of a shot. the Hide is a great place to pick up info,especially if a grand or better is your game.

i used to feel like you about some of the finer points of weapons. my experiences were limited to "normal" guns until a few years ago when i started shooting with Class3 nuts and a long range maven. i'm now making machine guns in a class2/class3 shop with the owner and doing the work on his Rugers as well as customer weapons. i just do it to keep my feet wet, i've always loved ruger weapons and i *might* even have him beat on things to do to them, though he is light years ahead of me on most weapons systems, particularly the belt-fed stuff, which i'm still learning.

take your time, learn all you can, read all you can, and spend as much time with your weapons as possible. you will never regret a day at the range or at the workbench.

TJH

Feb 3, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    Man, I can't get over all the knowlege on this forum. I tried to find a similar forum for SE Virginia but didn't find anything. Is it that the service deposited you guys in one spot or is it that you all are just better organized?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    some here are ex military. some are not. all are shooters.

we are well organized. many of us shoot together. i've worked on weapons for members. In fact i'm currently working on a special .22 for one of our fine Maryland Shall Issue officers and I'm proud to say that it isn't costing him a penny. I was never in the military. I am just a civilian REMF. I am obsessed with weapons and, though young, like to think that I've learned a lot. I hope to learn more by the time i'm through, eventually progressing to owning a business as an 07 SOT manufacturer.

we come from all walks of life here. we do, however, share the bond of our sport.

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    some here are ex military. some are not. all are shooters.

we are well organized. many of us shoot together. i've worked on weapons for members. In fact i'm currently working on a special .22 for one of our fine Maryland Shall Issue officers and I'm proud to say that it isn't costing him a penny. I was never in the military. I am just a civilian REMF. I am obsessed with weapons and, though young, like to think that I've learned a lot. I hope to learn more by the time i'm through, eventually progressing to owning a business as an 07 SOT manufacturer.

we come from all walks of life here. we do, however, share the bond of our sport.

:party29::party29::party29::party29::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom