• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Do you think it's overkill for a 22? I like the way it looks, but I literally have nothing to go off of. It's nice it's fairly inexpensive. Any pics of it on your gun (if you don't mind). Thanks!
    I don't think it's overkill for a 22 you like and shoot a lot. It is a comfy stock.

rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    Hey, quick question. Does anyone know if a normal vice block for an AR would work with the M4-22?

I ask as I have a 3D printer and have found normal AR blocks to be able to print but not sure.

Would there be any issue?

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I think the magazine dimensions are purposefully different. Therefore, it probably needs a specialized vice block for the lower. I have also never used a vice block for my Tippmanns.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Hey, quick question. Does anyone know if a normal vice block for an AR would work with the M4-22?

I ask as I have a 3D printer and have found normal AR blocks to be able to print but not sure.

Would there be any issue?

I’d be surprised if the Tippman was mag well milspec / STANAG and a normal ar bovine e block worked.

That said, it only took me a 1x3 piece pine, a jig saw and a rasp to make a block that holds all our M&P 15-22’s quite sufficiently.

rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    I think the magazine dimensions are purposefully different. Therefore, it probably needs a specialized vice block for the lower. I have also never used a vice block for my Tippmanns.
    I get it's not needed, but if I could hit print for .10 cents and have a tool to throw in the vice I would.
    I’d be surprised if the Tippman was mag well milspec / STANAG and a normal ar bovine e block worked.

That said, it only took me a 1x3 piece pine, a jig saw and a rasp to make a block that holds all our M&P 15-22’s quite sufficiently.
    I thought about this after I posted... I don't know why I just didn't measure my mag and make my own.

rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    Just wanted to post a little update. I think I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 rounds through the M4-22. Since reading how to load the magazine after the 1st day I maybe have had 2 FTF and one light strike. Has been a LOT of fun. I remember shooting 22's when I was younger, but it was nothing like this.

My youngest (13) got to fire 50 rounds out back last night, he had a grin from ear to ear for the rest of the evening. I try to get us into stuff that the whole family can enjoy together and so far it seems all of them love it!

The topic of conversation afterwards was where to setup more targets, where to setup a table... can we add a scope?

Great night.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Glad to hear there was so much enjoyment and that it is functioning better. What ammo are you feeding it? You might get even greater reliability with another brand and/or bullet shape.

Definitely worth scoping too - they shoot great groups and you don’t need anything too fancy or expensive due to the lack of recoil. I have seen an M4-22 score expert at one of our 200 yard rimfire events using a Primary Arms classic fixed 6x rimfire scope (about $100) using the BDC.

rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    Glad to hear there was so much enjoyment and that it is functioning better. What ammo are you feeding it? You might get even greater reliability with another brand and/or bullet shape.

Definitely worth scoping too - they shoot great groups and you don’t need anything too fancy or expensive due to the lack of recoil. I have seen an M4-22 score expert at one of our 200 yard rimfire events using a Primary Arms classic fixed 6x rimfire scope (about $100) using the BDC.
    I'll have to check but I know its CCI (I think SV?). Any suggestions what else to feed it? I don't hate it... I can almost attribute the LS and FTF yesterday from user error.

I'll look into a scope. Awesome to hear it can be that accurate in the right hands.

Placed an order for more targets today!

rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    Figured I'd update this thread. Have put 1000+ rounds through in the last month. Issues are almost non existent, anything that does happen can pretty much be attributed to that round. I've put about 6 different kinds of ammo through it just seeing what works and what doesn't it eats everything consistently. Yesterday we shot around 350 rounds and I don't think there was even a single issue.

By far the favorite in the family... everyone wants to take a turn. Mags are easy enough for all to load. I'm just happy after we're done shooting it's like a $20 hit.

Son and wife at the range yesterday having a blast!;

We had fun, but I really don't like indoor ranges.. if anyone has a recommendation on anything outside? This week weather looks to be pretty good for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230731-102421_Facebook.jpg
      Screenshot_20230731-102421_Facebook.jpg
      95.2 KB · Views: 45
    • Screenshot_20230731-102443_Facebook.jpg
      Screenshot_20230731-102443_Facebook.jpg
      98.6 KB · Views: 42

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Figured I'd update this thread. Have put 1000+ rounds through in the last month. Issues are almost non existent, anything that does happen can pretty much be attributed to that round. I've put about 6 different kinds of ammo through it just seeing what works and what doesn't it eats everything consistently. Yesterday we shot around 350 rounds and I don't think there was even a single issue.

By far the favorite in the family... everyone wants to take a turn. Mags are easy enough for all to load. I'm just happy after we're done shooting it's like a $20 hit.

Son and wife at the range yesterday having a blast!;

We had fun, but I really don't like indoor ranges.. if anyone has a recommendation on anything outside? This week weather looks to be pretty good for it.
    Bring your son to the bays at AGC on Wednesday night at 6PM, and we'll have something for him to shoot. :)

rob.mwp

Jul 5, 2023
    Hazard County
    Bring your son to the bays at AGC on Wednesday night at 6PM, and we'll have something for him to shoot. :)
    How does that go and what's the cost (maybe you have a flyer or website to look at)? I think he would be interested. What is the age group? What time is it over?... About an hr from us to Marriotsville. I will see if we're doing anything tomorrow night.

Thanks!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    How does that go and what's the cost (maybe you have a flyer or website to look at)? I think he would be interested. What is the age group? I will see if we're doing anything tomorrow night.
    Zero cost, grades 3-12 (mostly grades 7-12 now). PM me for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom