• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Since they stand adjourned until Jan (unless recalled for some reason), I assume it is dead. Not knowing the PA legislatures rules, I cannot say that with any degree of certainty, hence the assumption.

Bill information page - http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billInfo/billInfo.cfm?sYear=2013&sInd=0&body=H&type=B&bn=2398 - shows its last status as being referred to Judiciary in July.

Unlikely to be dead. May need to be reintroduced. I will find out more next trip to York gun show.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Unlikely to be dead. May need to be reintroduced. I will find out more next trip to York gun show.

With Wolf coming into office, I doubt any new pro-2A legislation will be had for a while. He is for suing against the new preemption 2.0 law.

The best that can be hoped for, is that no more is lost during his tenure as governor.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    With Wolf coming into office, I doubt any new pro-2A legislation will be had for a while. He is for suing against the new preemption 2.0 law.

The best that can be hoped for, is that no more is lost during his tenure as governor.

It may still be introduced..

How does he plan to claim that the state does not have the power to preempt..

This I will need to follow..it sounds like the same NYC style claim of prior soverniety ..

Could get messsy.. state could refuse offer fincial support to such Sovgiens ...;)

In any case nip it in the bud..or you will face a cancer like NYC

Feb 28, 2013
    It may still be introduced..

How does he plan to claim that the state does not have the power to preempt..

This I will need to follow..it sounds like the same NYC style claim of prior soverniety ..

Could get messsy.. state could refuse offer fincial support to such Sovgiens ...;)

In any case nip it in the bud..or you will face a cancer like NYC

They already have that with Filthadelphia. Only difference is unlike NYC, Filthadelphia doesn't get to dictate to, and make rules for, the rest of the state.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    They already have that with Filthadelphia. Only difference is unlike NYC, Filthadelphia doesn't get to dictate to, and make rules for, the rest of the state.

I hope that city keeps shedding inhabitants, they are down to 1.3 million. Once the population is below 1 million, it loses its city of the first class status :)

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

This, unfortunately.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I was using "dead" in the same way that I learned it while working in Annapolis - if not acted on in the session introduced, the bill (as numbered) is dead. The desired goal may need to be re-introduced, but it would be introduced with a new number based on house and time of origin in any new session.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I was using "dead" in the same way that I learned it while working in Annapolis - if not acted on in the session introduced, the bill (as numbered) is dead. The desired goal may need to be re-introduced, but it would be introduced with a new number based on house and time of origin in any new session.

I figured as much. Just clarification for those less up on the lingo. The bill itself likely is dead. I took the question to be about the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom