• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    I think its cool but I'm not sure the timing is right. Right now surplus is still relatively affordable for the average person, so I think that's what people will choose. However, I can imagine a time in the future when real surplus is no longer affordable and things like this will be a more attractive option for folks. Completely agree though, the price point will be a huge factor here.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Are they new production or just old Yugoslavian stock? Guy said they come from Serbia (former Yugoslavia). So, they have the tooling, parts and skills. I hope they sell some 7.62 barrels.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I have collected Mauser rifles for 40+ years. I stopped collecting because prices got ridiculous and went through the roof. You still can find Yugo's for like $500 but most 98's are $800+. I like the Mauser action and bought many receivers through the years and built sport hunting rifles on them. Its way costly and basically for self satisfaction and a different caliber Mauser hunting rifle. Many manufacturers copied the Mauser action like Winchester on their M70. I have a few Kimber rifles built on K98 actions. There are others that have used the 98 actions also. I dont think I will buy a new production one unless it was from a German Arsenal or a small ring made Swede.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom