• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Pretty NEAT!

Its not on the market yet, but it removes the negatives of many of the fixed Shell Carriers, and the Soft Velcro Units.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Chad....I literally have a box.of the hard carriers, and ended up settling on the Esstac cards. I liked the ability to switch them out. Keeping up with the loop that is attached to the receiver has proven challenging. The right heat level or too much oil or solvent, and it comes right off when you go to swap cards. I like the looks of this setup. I would imagine it would be more for the buy once cry once crowd. There will probably be some grumbling about potential price points. If I were to wager a guess, I would assume about a c-note for the initial setup with spare carriers in the 30-50 range. I can see one of these on the side of rach of my tactical guns when they do hit the market. I like it. The best of both worlds and no more cleaning velcro adhesive off the receiver.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Chad....I literally have a box.of the hard carriers, and ended up settling on the Esstac cards. I liked the ability to switch them out. Keeping up with the loop that is attached to the receiver has proven challenging. The right heat level or too much oil or solvent, and it comes right off when you go to swap cards. I like the looks of this setup. I would imagine it would be more for the buy once cry once crowd. There will probably be some grumbling about potential price points. If I were to wager a guess, I would assume about a c-note for the initial setup with spare carriers in the 30-50 range. I can see one of these on the side of rach of my tactical guns when they do hit the market. I like it. The best of both worlds and no more cleaning velcro adhesive off the receiver.

I agree. All of the current Carriers seem to have a huge downside in some way, wether it be causing malfunctions if tightened too much, losing rounds, or not staying put.

This one seems to address all of those points, but it will be costly. Ill be buying them, even if they run $200 for the unit and 3 caddies.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    I agree. All of the current Carriers seem to have a huge downside in some way, wether it be causing malfunctions if tightened too much, losing rounds, or not staying put.

This one seems to address all of those points, but it will be costly. Ill be buying them, even if they run $200 for the unit and 3 caddies.

Yes....you cant put s price on reliability.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    now if they can bring the cost down to a realistic level, they will sell millions, if they try for the high end market, they will get high end dollars in the short run, then sales will drop off and they will become just another good product with bad marketing. I can put a price on reliability.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    now if they can bring the cost down to a realistic level, they will sell millions, if they try for the high end market, they will get high end dollars in the short run, then sales will drop off and they will become just another good product with bad marketing. I can put a price on reliability.

I agree. With the right price and good marketing, they will be rolling in wheel barrows full of cash.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Makes me think of Mesa Tactical, good company, horrible prices. Meanwhile tacstar rakes in cash.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I like it - the carriers should be able to be mass produced from injection molds putting them in the 10-15$ range a nice machined aluminum base for 70-100$ and cheap carriers could be a winning combo.

i think I want one

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom