• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I was reading my new Guns and Ammo on my nook this AM and I ran across the article on the new Sig P320, Striker fired different size "Grip Modules"

9mm, .357 Sig, 40, and 45 ACP later in the year. depending on the price point and if it gets on the handgun roster I might entertain it. I usually don’t like Sig's DAK Trigger i wonder if this will be different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeQjYrgwz84#t=64

Thoughts from the masses?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I was interested, and have been reading about it for 6 months, but I got tired of waiting for it to show up at dealers and then for the additional wait to get it on the roster, so I pulled the trigger on an XDM at a much lower price point. Besides, I usually don't jump at first year firearms anyway preferring to let others tread first.

afang

Jun 25, 2014
    SIG P320

I was conducting qualifications for some agency personnel at Sharpshooters in Springfield, VA and they had s Sig P320 in stock. I handled it and the trigger feels pretty good, it had the medium grip module which felt pretty good for my medium to small hands. I spoke to my dealer in Silver Spring, MD about this pistol and he told me they were still waiting for SIG to do their promotion on the pistol and to be able to place their order. If it was like my order for the HK VP9 after it came out it still took a couple of months after the HK made the roster to the dealer shelves. I expect the same thing for the SIG though I think the SIG may have the better trigger.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I was conducting qualifications for some agency personnel at Sharpshooters in Springfield, VA and they had s Sig P320 in stock. I handled it and the trigger feels pretty good, it had the medium grip module which felt pretty good for my medium to small hands. I spoth my dealer in Silver Spring, MD about this pistol and he told me they were still waiting for SIG to do their promotion on the pistol and to be able to place their order. If it was like my oder for the HK VP9 after it came out it still took a couple of months after the HK made the roster to the dealer shelves. i expect the same thing for the SIG though I think the SIG may have the better trigger.

We have had the P320s in stock for the past six or so months, but they made the Nov roster. We have the Compact Mediums in stock in 9mm at the moment, but all of them are orderable.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Saw this thread had life breathed into it so I thought I'd update my post above. I wound up also purchasing the P320 carry toward the end of the year (2014). To make a long story short, the sights were off from the factory, but I think I got them squared away. The pistol itself is great in hand, nice trigger, a nice shooter, and malfunction free - a keeper.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Saw this thread had life breathed into it so I thought I'd update my post above. I wound up also purchasing the P320 carry toward the end of the year (2014). To make a long story short, the sights were off from the factory, but I think I got them squared away. The pistol itself is great in hand, nice trigger, a nice shooter, and malfunction free - a keeper.

I agree ;)

afang

Jun 25, 2014
    SIG P320

Just spoke with Engage Armament and I will go take a look at it the SIG P320, they have the Carry /Compact model. I want to see the size of the pistol. They said that the SIG P320 was authorized the same time that the HKVP9. Great news!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just spoke with Engage Armament and I will go take a look at it the SIG P320, they have the Carry /Compact model. I want to see the size of the pistol. They said that the SIG P320 was authorized the same time that the HKVP9. Great news!

It's tough choice unless you can afford to buy both. Protégé and I have shot both. Both feel great in hand with nice triggers, and both are accurate. The HK is a hair lighter. My only problem with the Sig was getting the sights properly aligned, but otherwise great pistol. My only problem with the HK is the paddle mag release, but others may like that - of course there was what looked like a 1/2 lb. of bearing grease packed inside the frame! Protege will get that out the next time he cleans it! :lol2: Seriously, both are very nice pistols so personal preference rules.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    yup:lol:

I agree, the trigger guard mounted paddle style mag release is awkward on the vp9 but it's literally the only downside I can find. I like the p320, might pick up a compact version down the road, but I LOVE th vp9 :D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I was conducting qualifications for some agency personnel at Sharpshooters in Springfield, VA

Off topic, but when you mean "Agency", do you mean you are a training instructor as an employee for an agency or are you a firearms training instructor who qualifies different security agencies for their handgun certifications?

afang

Jun 25, 2014
    I am a firearms instructor for my agency, certified through FLETC. So technically I could qualify people from another agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am a firearms instructor for my agency, certified through FLETC. So technically I could qualify people from another agency.

So, you are running quals for an agency you don't work for?

That's weird. Our guys don't certify anyone else but us. Didn't think separate agencies keep in touch with others and step in when needed. Seems like a manpower issue.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

So, you are a federal employee right now? Or are you saying you went to FITP in a previous life and are qualifying some private companies and referring to them as agencies?

afang

Jun 25, 2014
    No, I was qualifying people from my agency. I am currently a federal employee and no I am not qualifying personnel from private companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom