• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I bought a new slug gun just in time for opening day of shotgun season! She is a Mossberg 500 Slugster complete with full Realtree AP camouflage. Fluted barrel with a cantilever scope mount. Scope is a Nikon team realtree 2-7x32. With the Hornady SST round with a 150 yard zero I am 6 inches low at 200, which very effectively makes a 200 yard slug gun. Whitetail beware:D

-Z

Attachments

• downsized_1110001836.jpg
      downsized_1110001836.jpg
      26.3 KB · Views: 186

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Thank ya! You too. Ive already got two down this year. Waiting on a big buck at least until gun season. Then its brown is down:D

-Z

Same here, only problem I have now is one of the bucks I was after got popped tonight by a guy hunting the land next to us without permission...f'ing sucks..:mad54: He has permission to hunt our land (which sucks because we do all the work and he shows up like he owns the place and shoots deer), but tonight he wandered off, cutting us off, and killed an 8 I have had my eye on for 2 months.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Same here, only problem I have now is one of the bucks I was after got popped tonight by a guy hunting the land next to us without permission...f'ing sucks..:mad54: He has permission to hunt our land (which sucks because we do all the work and he shows up like he owns the place and shoots deer), but tonight he wandered off, cutting us off, and killed an 8 I have had my eye on for 2 months.

It's happened to all of us I'm sure. The place where I hunt is the same way. The farm next to us is full of hunters that kill everything with antlers (no management) and then has been known to take the deer we have shot before we get to them. So yeah, I feel your pain.

-Z

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    It's happened to all of us I'm sure. The place where I hunt is the same way. The farm next to us is full of hunters that kill everything with antlers (no management) and then has been known to take the deer we have shot before we get to them. So yeah, I feel your pain.

-Z

Yea it def sucks...

buzzzyy

Big Member
    Nov 6, 2007
    Aspen Hill
    Looks sweet. She's a beaut. If the shoulder can't take it, get a knoxx stock. The worst thing you can do is stick it out too long and develop a flinch.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Put some Remington Premier sabots down it's throat I'll bet you like it more. I went to the Remington BuckHammers for pure cost reasons. None of my guns cared much for the Hornady SST sabots, I hear not many guns do, so, Hornady has fallen to last place in the box store ammo market for sabots, I assume this is why they average $10 / 5 I used the SST's and was really upset with the money I wasted only to realize it wasn't going to be accurate no matter what. I had groups at 3-4 inches with the 20 gauge at 100 yards and 50 yards and about the same with the 12 gauge, I rammed some of the remingtons down it and then I was wearing out the center bull consistently. There's complaints everywhere about the Hornady sabot loads.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Put some Remington Premier sabots down it's throat I'll bet you like it more. I went to the Remington BuckHammers for pure cost reasons. None of my guns cared much for the Hornady SST sabots, I hear not many guns do, so, Hornady has fallen to last place in the box store ammo market for sabots, I assume this is why they average $10 / 5 I used the SST's and was really upset with the money I wasted only to realize it wasn't going to be accurate no matter what. I had groups at 3-4 inches with the 20 gauge at 100 yards and 50 yards and about the same with the 12 gauge, I rammed some of the remingtons down it and then I was wearing out the center bull consistently. There's complaints everywhere about the Hornady sabot loads.

it depends on the gun they are a fast sabot, my 220 really liked them, older slug guns with slower twist rates rarely like them

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD

I shoot the sst in my mossy 20 gauge and had a cloverleaf shaped pattern over the bull at 100. For that reason alone I figured I'd give them a shot for 12.

-Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom