• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    How do you edit posts?

Trying to edit the Essen Room meetup thread.

Also looks like some posts in that thread did not roll over to the new site (smkranz's FJB penny door prize for one)

I don't know what you see because the admin rights might look different, but is it down here next to the "report" button?

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 6.56.01 AM.png

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Even a post I made Saturday does not have the Edit icon. Only today's post has it.

OK - that sounds more like a setting thing in terms of the edit permissions. Remember that we had placed some restrictions on that because people were going back and editing things for less than honorable reasons. So, likely not "broken" just needs to have one of the geeks look at the settings.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Putting this here in the public thread for when the geeks all wake up (Kevin was onsite until after 3am Eastern last night if anyone is wondering)

Geeks:

The jump to new posts option appears when the thread is opened
    Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.03.27 AM.png

We used to have a couple of little chevrons that showed up in the list of new threads so that you could could jump to the new posts without first going to post 1. It saves a step.

Pardon my early morning crappy graphics work.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.06.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 7.07.02 AM.png

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The jump to new post button in the Epic Funny Pictures took me to mid-March. It's also missing stuff between Thursday and this morning (I think).

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I log in and it's checked to keep me logged in but I hit a few threads and go to home and have to log in again.
    Lesser issue...my Enzo avitar went bye bye.
    Edit: found Enzo (obviously). Just a learning curve I guess. I'm a computard so...

Last edited:

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So can’t see any attachments to comments and it seems that, for example the WC, last page is now #1 and first page is greatest #? Other than the “new and improved” look thanks for all the hard work yesterday. Was starting to have withdrawal symptoms!

Last edited:

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    "Jump to new" seems to be taking me to the first post in a thread, rather than to the first post that I haven't read yet.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The jump to new post button in the Epic Funny Pictures took me to mid-March. It's also missing stuff between Thursday and this morning (I think).
    I think that was because that was the first pull of the database that we saw right about then.

When we were looking in the sandbox for the last couple of weeks those were the dates on the threads even though they were being updated on the live version

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    In my profile, the "find all threads by" and "find all posts by" dropdown only seems to show content created using the new software.

Everything I'd created under the old software isn't listed, and it only lists what's been posted today, on the new software.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    "Jump to new" seems to be taking me to the first post in a thread, rather than to the first post that I haven't read yet.
    It's working fine overall for me, I think. It might be related to the database pull that I referred to with JoppaJ above.

It thinks it's taking you to your first new post. See how it plays out after you've read a given thread a couple of times....that should help to bracket the issue.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    "Members online" no longer seems to list users in alphabetical order

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    well, admittedly, this is my first pass on new s/w.......right now, don' like it....BUT it is my first pass.......I think I'll go silent for this week, and check back later.....most folks do not like change. Good luck..C Y Later

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    For some reason I am not listed as a MDS supporter despite having donated not long ago.

The change in Avatar sizing caused me to misread Nortons at first...or maybe dirty glasses.

Thought it read "well endowed member"...really did a head shake and double take....oy

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Looks like I had received an offer on a post I have in the classifieds and when I check it it is just blank...
    That likely is a legitimate casualty. We've been clear that the old classifieds software was cool when we installed it, but it was a 3rd party plug in that was long ago left unsupported.

It's a miracle that it worked at all, and those specific functions aren't going to carry over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom