• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I think we may be seeing two parts of the same issue? For me (using Edge and a PC), the links are good right away, nothing changes in the header or body of the page as I swoop around, it's just I can barely capture the narrow band that activates the link. It's a very small vertical "window" on either side of the LAST link in the chain, e.g. "Admin News and Announcements" for this page. The other links in that chain, "Home", "Forums", "General" perform normally as do (apparently) all other links on the page. For this last link, the only area that "activates" is just a teeny slice either above or below the "Admin News and Announcements", but not in the text field itself, and not to left or right. It does this on every page I've tried so far - the last link isn't active within the text field.

It's like the text background is not active, but the field border is active.
    The "Post Reply" and "attach files" buttons here are doing the same thing... the text isn't active but the area above and below the text, within the button, is active. Other stuff on the page seems normal. Weird.

I just checked Firefox and it doesn't do this, so maybe it's the Edge default browser settings or the underlying HTML code (which looks different between the two browsers). Beyond my capability to debug.

It's really just a first-world problem but with the mouse setting at super-fast, it can be challenging. I'd never noticed the same links at the bottom of the page before. They work normally for me, so that's the work-around.

View attachment 381330
    Chrome (same base as current Edge) does it as well.

If you are in a thread and move a link (from a members post) into that same area, it does the same thing. That is why I mentioned the header bar overlay. Get any link within the specified distance and the link splits as described.

Jul 1, 2012
    OK I see what you mean now, "move a link" = scroll the page up so the link is in the same area. Indeed it does the same thing. I was trying to drag links around :)
    links2.JPG

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Can you please turn off this "error" message that appears 1 or 2x per day? I like my current password and plan to keep it.

"Your current password isn't unique and may have been compromised. We recommend that you change your password. "
    Thanks.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    You are using a password that is in known password hack dictionaries. It is not secure. (and is actually putting the rest of us at risk. If hackers compromise your login, they can insert spam/virus links into your old posts or signature.)

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Would it be possible to add the "NEW" item notification icon to individual threads, just as it is now on Forums?

This would help those with less than stellar vision....

Thanks!!!

1665457575071.png

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Site is regularly logging me out while "stay logged in" is checked. Brave browser, Android. Doesn't happen on other sites or forums. Not sure what's up with that?
    This seems to have been fixed recently. Thanks for that.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Can you please turn off this "error" message that appears 1 or 2x per day? I like my current password and plan to keep it.

"Your current password isn't unique and may have been compromised. We recommend that you change your password. "
    Thanks.

You are using a password that is in known password hack dictionaries. It is not secure. (and is actually putting the rest of us at risk. If hackers compromise your login, they can insert spam/virus links into your old posts or signature.)

+1

Although it is annoying, the right way to fix this is for the board SW to force an immediate password change and prevent any access until it is done.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I just realized there are forum descriptions under the title. They are very hard to see however.

1666283134912.png

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    What happened to Search?

It was working quite nicely with Threadloom, but now it takes several pages to find the results that would have come up on the first.
    It went **** up a few days ago.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Is anyone else having issues with the search feature no longer working as well as it did? After the forum switchover, it was greatly improved over the previous software. It was working well until a couple of weeks ago, then bam, back to limited utility - i.e. most searches produce "no results".

ETA - just noticed the posts above with the same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom