• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I think he means that the quoted post and any text he started to write remain in the reply 'box'. I've seen that too.

Sometimes it's useful, if you stop writing a reply and resume it later, or accidentally close the tab, the system remembers your partial reply, like a draft email in outlook. Sometimes it's annoying.

If the 'revert' button (left clockwise arrow) isn't ghosted you can press it to retract your partially written reply, or if not you can use 'select all' and backspace to clear the box.
    Correct. That is the issue. But selecting all and deleting the text, does not delete the name of the writer of the selected post. It only deletes the text. The “Reply to” part is still there, with the name of the other poster.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Alerts, it’s a bit excessive.

Attachments

• 93ECCBE1-50E4-42CD-AB1E-65A2A93D0FED.png
      93ECCBE1-50E4-42CD-AB1E-65A2A93D0FED.png
      182.3 KB · Views: 44

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Highlight everything and click your delete button on your keyboard.
    See post #282. I tried that.

If you click the Reply in the lower right portion of a post. It brings up a Reply box with the post quoted. Highlight the text and hit Delete. The text will go away. But not the other member’s name. The field shows the other member’s name and will not let you delete it.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    See post #282. I tried that.

If you click the Reply in the lower right portion of a post. It brings up a Reply box with the post quoted. Highlight the text and hit Delete. The text will go away. But not the other member’s name. The field shows the other member’s name and will not let you delete it.
    HUH, let me look into this

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    It is taking anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute for the system to respond after I hit post reply to a topic . Why??
    what browser, site seems to be responding faster than the old. and I have low net

I've seen it twice today, in the last hour or so. 3 flashing bars top right. First time it never showed the post. After about a minute I opened the post above in a new window and my post was there at below.

The second time it took about a minute for the post to show after hitting reply.

LLKOOLKEGMTB

Apr 11, 2022
    TAW-KNEE-TOWN
    llkoolkeg here but my regular MDS account got screwed up in the changeover process somehow. None of the p/w reset messages ever got to me(nor in spam) so I had to create this redundant account just to let anyone know! My regular logon is llkoolkeg so this llkoolkegmtb one can go away once my regular one is fixed. Please email me at the regular llkoolkeg email address to fix or use the alternate one in llkoolkegmtb if that's what is necessary. Thank you!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    llkoolkeg here but my regular MDS account got screwed up in the changeover process somehow. None of the p/w reset messages ever got to me(nor in spam) so I had to create this redundant account just to let anyone know! My regular logon is llkoolkeg so this llkoolkegmtb one can go away once my regular one is fixed. Please email me at the regular llkoolkeg email address to fix or use the alternate one in llkoolkegmtb if that's what is necessary. Thank you!
    Only now, in caps, do I understand your screen name…duh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom