• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Going to new posts is still quite buggy. The first visit on a thread, after an update, goes to post #1. I can live with that.

Sometimes follow-up clicks on the same post will send me to new posts and later on send me right back to post numero uno.

First world problems but it is a PITA.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Going to new posts is still quite buggy. The first visit on a thread, after an update, goes to post #1. I can live with that.

Sometimes follow-up clicks on the same post will send me to new posts and later on send me right back to post numero uno.

First world problems but it is a PITA.
    It sends you to post #1… if there are no new posts, since you last read that thread.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    All the thread titles are bolded. I have no way of easily knowing if there are new posts.

I'm not a fan of the update at all.
    It takes getting used to. But some things will be better and some not. If it goes to post #1 when I open a thread, I simply hit the back arrow and resume from where I was before. No problem.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Is there any way to have the alerts bell icon retain a number after you have viewed only one of the watched threads? When there are more than one to view, it seems to mark all the threads as viewed even though only one thread was opened. In the alerts drop down is there any way to have the color or font be different for viewed threads vs threads with new posts in them?

Last edited:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    All the thread titles are bolded. I have no way of easily knowing if there are new posts.

I'm not a fan of the update at all.
    Try marking all forums read, and see if that simplifies it for you.

There are also some shortcuts I've found.

--Clicking a bolded title takes you to the first unread post
    --Clicking the 'thread started' timestamp takes you to the #1 post
    --Clicking the 'last post' timestamp takes you to the last post in the thread

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Is there any way to have the alerts bell icon retain a number after you have viewed only one of the watched threads? When there are more than one to view, it seems to mark all the threads as viewed even though only one thread was opened.

I haven't worked on this software, but I suspect there is no data structure tracking which individual alerts you have viewed and which you have not.

The number is probably being generated by counting how many alerts have been placed in the list since you last viewed one, therefore once you view it, the count displayed goes to zero until new ones are created.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Maybe a minor thing, or a misunderstanding, but every thread in every forum shows up as what seems to be a "locked (Glocks with a lock) Icon"?
    "
    1651164050128.png

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Is there an easy way to get to the main forums page? On the old site you could just click forums. Now I have to type mdshooters.com everytime I want to get into the forums. The list only has threads new posts, find threads, watched, search, and mark read.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Is there an easy way to get to the main forums page? On the old site you could just click forums. Now I have to type mdshooters.com everytime I want to get into the forums. The list only has threads new posts, find threads, watched, search, and mark read.

Clicking "forums" still does the same for me now that it always did (as long as I click on the word "forum" and not the down arrow). The down arrow is a different link than the word next to it on each "button". Both on mobile and laptop.

Last edited:

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I finally got password fixed,thanks to Texkev. Had to uninstall/reinstall Tapatalk. Now it won't let me access the classifieds. Says I'm not authorized or some such

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    A "buy now" button has been added to classifieds as of this morning.

Thanks to the geeks for getting the code written up to add this feature at the request of the membership.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    The way feedback scoring displays is deceiving. It shows a cumulative list of positive neutral and negative feedback which is received or left for others by a user. At first glance it looks like I have 41 positive 1 neutral 1 negative but that represents all I've ever received or left.

FWIW I think taking the classifieds off the front page will hurt sales traffic. Before it was right there for all to see.
    Was this ever addressed? The feedback I left for someone else was counted into my score. I did not have negative feedback until the upgrade.

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    It's not possible to see if new posts are present in a sub-forum. Even after reading all posts, or marking a forum read, it looks the same afterwards when browsing the forum list.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This problem started today. I can’t change anything about the text. I can’t choose emojis, either. All choices grayed out. I looked at settings, but couldn’t find anything.

Attachments

• DC46DB75-6E0A-4103-AB79-084C6091C31E.jpeg
      DC46DB75-6E0A-4103-AB79-084C6091C31E.jpeg
      44.5 KB · Views: 74

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    This problem started today. I can’t change anything about the text. I can’t choose emojis, either. All choices grayed out. I looked at settings, but couldn’t find anything.
    Were you in Preview mode?

They are locked out in Preview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom