• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That 1/2" claim is going to bite them in the arse. People are going to be shooting crap ammo and when it dont to 1/2MOA they will go all over the internet and say Spikes is crap.

Ive been touting them for the last 2 years only because their current stuff is outstanding. I like what I see here.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Now if only i can get this LWRC upper sold, i'll have the scratch to cover one of these.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    i'll def be keeping an eye on AIMSurplus for these. If I've got the $ when they're in I'll be picking one up for one of my new lowers.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    That 1/2" claim is going to bite them in the arse. People are going to be shooting crap ammo and when it dont to 1/2MOA they will go all over the internet and say Spikes is crap.

Ive been touting them for the last 2 years only because their current stuff is outstanding. I like what I see here.

:thumbsup:

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Is it me or are they directly after Noveske when they start talking about barrels made to m249 spec?

That was my first thought. The accuracy claim is interesting, however they left themselves an out with the optic, ammo & shooter remark.

Either way, they got me for one.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

By the way I was thinking that with Kies as I looked at the 7.62*39 upper! Hmmm how likely?

That said I can get sub MOA groups out of a bolt gun with Golden Tiger so who knows.

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    1) this sounds like a great price. I own two AR's with the nickel boron treatment in all of the BCG AND upper. The set is over $400! mine require no lube, and I suspect the spike's shouldn't need it either. In fact, if you use lube, you are kinda losing one of the nickel boron's benefits.

2) does FN = FNH?? If so, then yes they are great makers of barrels!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    1) this sounds like a great price. I own two AR's with the nickel boron treatment in all of the BCG AND upper. The set is over $400! mine require no lube, and I suspect the spike's shouldn't need it either. In fact, if you use lube, you are kinda losing one of the nickel boron's benefits.

Yes and no, it's FNH's US subsidiary, not a Belgian barrel.

Let's not forget that FN made some 2 grove FAL barrels in decades past. They met combat standards, but the rifles were not used for long range sniping or competition.

Also, are M249's match grade? Or are they talking about the number of rounds a barrel will provide "acceptable" combat accuracy and function? What is the accuracy spec for a 249 at say 200 meters?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

NiB still requires lube and your accelerating the wear on your gun if you dont lube it.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Yes and no, it's FNH's US subsidiary, not a Belgian barrel.

Let's not forget that FN made some 2 grove FAL barrels in decades past. They met combat standards, but the rifles were not used for long range sniping or competition.

Also, are M249's match grade? Or are they talking about the number of rounds a barrel will provide "acceptable" combat accuracy and function? What is the accuracy spec for a 249 at say 200 meters?

2 grove barrels can be pretty accurate. most all springfield 1903s and remington 03A3/A4s had 2 grove barrels, like the A4 that i have...and its was made to be a sniper rifle...as well as these pattern rifles were known for the accuracy.

NiB still requires lube and your accelerating the wear on your gun if you dont lube it.

i dont even like running my AK's without lube...although, i have...about 500 rounds or so lubeless in the SGL, mainly just to accelerate the break in process (in theory, at least)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom