• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    I picked up my Loaded 9mm a couple days ago and took it to the range for the first time last night ... AWESOME gun!

The things that really stood out when I first inspected the gun were the fit, finish, and the overall craftsmanship.
    All the parts of this gun appear to be fitted with exact precision.
    It's amazing how tight the tolerances are yet the gun cycles and operates smooth as butta. :thumbsup:

Accuracy at the range was even better than what I expected.
    I love the 1911 platform but in all honesty, my accuracy with the .45ACP has a lot to be desired. Not so with the Loaded 9mm.
    Accuracy was spot on and the low recoil of the 9mm allowed quicker follow up shots and accurate double taps. I love this gun!

I only have two complaints ...

1) The mags that came with the gun contributed to a couple FTF's. In reading a few reviews, I found this has happened to others as well so I'll probably switch over to Wilson Combat mags.

2) I don't care much for the 2-piece guide rod that requires an allen wrench.
    This setup makes no sense to me so I swapped out the guide rod for a Wilson Combat (1-piece) full guide rod that won't require the allen wrench.

Other than that, it's an AWESOME gun and though some may cringe at the thought of a 1911 chambered for 9mm ... I REALLY LOVE IT! :party29:

DSC05969.jpg

DSC05976.jpg

Last edited:

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    Nice! I recently purchased my latest 1911 and I was seriously considering a Springfield. I ended up purchasing a Sig Stainless 1911 which I went and drooled over today as I'm still waiting for my paperwork to come through. After checking it out, these next couple days are going to feel like weeks!

Springfields are nice and I know I'll have one in my collection very soon!

CDR

Honor,Courage,Commitment
    Mar 4, 2012
    Frederick County
    Dino,

I too have purchased the Springfield Stainless, but in .45 ACP. I haven't had a chance to fire it, but agree with you mod about the 2 piece guide rod. I will most likely do the same modification as you.

I am looking forward to many years of pleasure with this weapon and my Ruger SR1911.

Congrats!

CDR

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    I picked up my Loaded 9mm a couple days ago and took it to the range for the first time last night ... AWESOME gun!

The things that really stood out when I first inspected the gun were the fit, finish, and the overall craftsmanship.
    All the parts of this gun appear to be fitted with exact precision.
    It's amazing how tight the tolerances are yet the gun cycles and operates smooth as butta. :thumbsup:

Accuracy at the range was even better than what I expected.
    I love the 1911 platform but in all honesty, my accuracy with the .45ACP has a lot to be desired. Not so with the Loaded 9mm.
    Accuracy was spot on and the low recoil of the 9mm allowed quicker follow up shots and accurate double taps. I love this gun!

I only have two complaints ...

1) The mags that came with the gun contributed to a couple FTF's. In reading a few reviews, I found this has happened to others as well so I'll probably switch over to Wilson Combat mags.

2) I don't care much for the 2-piece guide rod that requires an allen wrench.
    This setup makes no sense to me so I swapped out the guide rod for a Wilson Combat (1-piece) full guide rod that won't require the allen wrench.

Other than that, it's an AWESOME gun and though some may cringe at the thought of a 1911 chambered for 9mm ... I REALLY LOVE IT! :party29:

DSC05969.jpg

DSC05976.jpg

You bastard-- that should have been my gun.....:rolleyes:

Been looking for one for months--- where'd you find it, how much and do they have another????

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    You bastard-- that should have been my gun.....:rolleyes:

Been looking for one for months--- where'd you find it, how much and do they have another????

I've been looking for one for some time now.
    It was like trying to find a unicorn! :D

I contacted several local gun stores...
    Some told me it would be at least a 6 month wait.
    One told me that they couldn't even order it because Springfield doesn't provide fired shell casings. Huh? :confused:
    And one gun shop didn't respond at all.

I finally tracked this one down at Atlantic Guns in Rockville.
    It was a little out of my way but man, this was a tough find!

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Question for Maryland Shooters:
    I posted this on another forum and someone posted in response to my comment about having a couple FTF's.

"My 9mm was properly tuned and set-up by SACS, and it feeds, fires and ejects ball and JHP ammunition without a hiccup.
    Point is, people tend to do everything short of having a competent Smith sort out the pistol when there's a problem. Trying to solve a problem by using different magazines and testing different ammunition is covering up a larger problem because the pistol should work with just about any magazine, and feed, fire and eject anything you decide to use. I use Tripp magazines based on personal preference, but my pistol works fine with MecGar, Wilson, CMC and several other magazines."

I honestly don't consider 2 FTF's out of 200 rounds on a brand new gun a "problem" that requires the services of a "competent gunsmith".
    And I'm betting that anyone who has been in the sport for any substantial amount of time has experienced a "bad" mag at one time or another.
    Am I wrong?

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    Question for Maryland Shooters:
    I posted this on another forum and someone posted in response to my comment about having a couple FTF's.

"My 9mm was properly tuned and set-up by SACS, and it feeds, fires and ejects ball and JHP ammunition without a hiccup.
    Point is, people tend to do everything short of having a competent Smith sort out the pistol when there's a problem. Trying to solve a problem by using different magazines and testing different ammunition is covering up a larger problem because the pistol should work with just about any magazine, and feed, fire and eject anything you decide to use. I use Tripp magazines based on personal preference, but my pistol works fine with MecGar, Wilson, CMC and several other magazines."

I honestly don't consider 2 FTF's out of 200 rounds on a brand new gun a "problem" that requires the services of a "competent gunsmith".
    And I'm betting that anyone who has been in the sport for any substantial amount of time has experienced a "bad" mag at one time or another.
    Am I wrong?

If you get a mag that works, great. I personally use the CMC Power Mags and Wilson 47s. Look at the feed lips for different 1911 mags, they are pretty much all different. I have not had good luck with factory Colt mags in my personal guns (they usually work but sometimes have hiccups), and have diagnosed many customers' guns who bring in GI type mags from various manufacturers. Just like running a PMAG or genuine USGI contract mag with a MAGPUL follower in an AR-15 virtually eliminates the mags as a part of the problem, quality 1911 mags are a must.

Problems I've seen are (but not limited to) deformed/damaged feed lips, followers that are bent/not made to spec, and mags with floorplates that come loose easily or break off (i.e. the cheap Colt tack-welded floorplates). Sometimes mags can allow the bullets to contact the slide catch making it lock open while rounds are still in the mag. Again, just a few examples. YMMV as always.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county

Am I wrong?

You are not wrong. What if it's a bad mag? If it's every mag from a different manufacturer or the mags run perfect in another gun that might indicate a bigger problem. But what's more likely to have a problem.....a carefully built pistol or a mass produced stamped magazine?

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    If you get a mag that works, great. I personally use the CMC Power Mags and Wilson 47s. Look at the feed lips for different 1911 mags, they are pretty much all different. I have not had good luck with factory Colt mags in my personal guns (they usually work but sometimes have hiccups), and have diagnosed many customers' guns who bring in GI type mags from various manufacturers. Just like running a PMAG or genuine USGI contract mag with a MAGPUL follower in an AR-15 virtually eliminates the mags as a part of the problem, quality 1911 mags are a must.

Problems I've seen are (but not limited to) deformed/damaged feed lips, followers that are bent/not made to spec, and mags with floorplates that come loose easily or break off (i.e. the cheap Colt tack-welded floorplates). Sometimes mags can allow the bullets to contact the slide catch making it lock open while rounds are still in the mag. Again, just a few examples. YMMV as always.

Thanks Garrett.
    This basically confirms my thoughts on the matter.
    The mags that came with the gun are subject, IMHO.
    The follower on one was a little "sticky" and the casing on the other had expanded a little and would only partially eject.

I cleaned both mags really good when I got home from the range so they no longer stick, and I re-shaped the one by carefully placing it in a padded vise.
    Both mags now fully eject properly. Hopefully, they'll prove more reliable on my next trip to the range.

I understand the concern and comments made by the poster on the other forum, but I have a hard time believing that every little issue needs to be addressed by a "competent gunsmith" or that a "bad" mag indicates a more serious issue with the gun (alluding to the idea that there is no such thing as a "bad" mag).

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    You are not wrong. What if it's a bad mag? If it's every mag from a different manufacturer or the mags run perfect in another gun that might indicate a bigger problem. But what's more likely to have a problem.....a carefully built pistol or a mass produced stamped magazine?

My thoughts exactly.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I have a Colt 1991-A1 in 9mm that was a Japanese National Police Force contract overrun and it's my fave 1911 i have to shoot, followed very closely by my Gold Cup

VERY nice gun, feed her often!

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    i have 9mm springer. bought from a member here.

i have a ton of mags. the tripp mags are great, but overpriced. the metalform mags work awesome.

i had the sear, hammer and mainspring replaced (now it is a crisp 3lb trigger), removed that wretched ILD and put a new disconnector in (slide was hanging up a bit). i also put a techwell TGO magwell and grey aluminium grips on it.

my kid shoots USPSA with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom