• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aab23c

Dec 22, 2012
    PG County
    so I have my stripped lower, and thought regardless of The PRM's ****ed up new law about to drop...it would be a good hobby exercise. My question is how difficult is it to get the trigger mechanism together correct? What type of tools should I have for the build?

laxman63

Jan 25, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure if

THIS THREAD

answers all of your questions, since I haven't read it in it's entirety, but from what I did read, it seems to be and excellent place to start. I found it via the "Search" function when I put in "Building an AR rifle."

Hope this helps!

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    If you want a book, I thought this one was pretty useful to learn the steps - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NB1BSC/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's sitting on my bench at home waiting on my lower's paperwork to clear (and for me to purchase the upper parts)

Also, http://www.amazon.com/Gunsmithing-T...5767085&sr=8-1&keywords=gunsmithing+the+ar-15 was interesting and informative (I am a prime member and "borrowed" this for free on my kindle to get some additional reading).

If you go to buy either of them, support SAF as well - www.saf.org/amazon - some of your purchase price goes to SAF.

Aside from that, find a friend who has built a few of these and get him/her to stand over your shoulder while you assemble.

Best of luck, and post photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom