• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    Just started; work in an office so either pocket carry or ankle holsters so far for my LCP max.
    Stock ruger pocket holster prints and first ankle holster doesn’t feel comfortable. Slips down and rubs at ankle.
    Any suggestions for lcp max?
    Any other tips?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'm not sure why office work forces you into one of those two options, but for pocket carry maybe try something like the DeSantis Superfly.

It's like the usual textured pocket holster except that it has a square flap that attaches by velcro (so you can switch it right/left). The flap (fly) goes toward the outside of your pocket and covers the outline of the pistol, making it look like a square wallet or cellphone.
    desantis-superfly.jpg

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    don't do back pocket. I did that with wallet for years and then one day I had back pain.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    For the LCP Max, I found a simple Blackhawk tecgrip holster to be ideal for pocket carry. The grippy outter texture keeps in the pocket on draws. Breaks up the profile enough to look more like a larger cellphone in pocket.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Are there any acceptable belly band options?
    An Allen Belly Band worn high. If you have a little tummy, it will stay up there all day. :innocent0

A .38 Special S&W Bodyguard. Two 5rd strips. Hornady FTX.
    (Or a Security9c and two additional 10rd mags)

1. I can use the public crapper without taking it off.

2. Conceals under long/short sleeve button down (preferred) or t-shirt. In Summer I switch to an a-shirt underneath.

3. Comfort. I can walk, drive, sit, it’s always in the same place.

4. Really hard to shoot your dick off.

Lots of ideas here;

Oh, it's been well over 3 weeks and I have not changed it yet. :)

Last edited:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Does your job know you plan to carry in the office? My company has a no weapon rule. I still carry a knife but I'd never consider a firearm.

I hope you'd never need it in an office situation but I know how people get when someone drinks all the coffee and doesn't make a new pot.

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    Does your job know you plan to carry in the office? My company has a no weapon rule. I still carry a knife but I'd never consider a firearm.

I hope you'd never need it in an office situation but I know how people get when someone drinks all the coffee and doesn't make a new pot.
    I wouldnt ask if its not a written rule

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Not unless I lose 20 pounds. I look like a muffin smuggling a gun.
    I've lost 20 lbs. since November. Do yourself a favor and do it. Everything feels better including a holstered pistol.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I like a belly band myself because I retired and mostly wear sweatpants, for the 2 - 3 hours that I wear it I kinda forget its there. Not sure how comfortable it would be for 8+ hours.

somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    For the LCP Max, I found a simple Blackhawk tecgrip holster to be ideal for pocket carry. The grippy outter texture keeps in the pocket on draws. Breaks up the profile enough to look more like a larger cellphone in pocket.

What size do you recommend? 2

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission? Seems like a good idea to try at your place of employment.

It's not necessarily like that .

If it is truely not mentioned in contract/ general orders/ employee handbook/ written policy/ etc , there is nothing to ask forgiveness for . Worst case , they could create a new rule from that time foreward , but you would have a one shot free pass .

If you formally ask , they could/ would create a brand new policy just to spite you .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom