• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Are you near a briefcase/laptop case regularly throughout the day? If you can't manage on-body(ankle sucks), then off-body might be an option if the point is to be able to respond to a violent attack at the workplace. Simple enough to unzip/unlatch the case, grab the gun from its holster inside the case, and go about with defense stuff.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Are you near a briefcase/laptop case regularly throughout the day? If you can't manage on-body(ankle sucks), then off-body might be an option if the point is to be able to respond to a violent attack at the workplace. Simple enough to unzip/unlatch the case, grab the gun from its holster inside the case, and go about with defense stuff.
    I wouldn't want to not be in possession of my firearm at any point during work. Why is Bob carrying that briefcase around everywhere? It may arouse suspicion.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I wouldn't want to not be in possession of my firearm at any point during work. Why is Bob carrying that briefcase around everywhere? It may arouse suspicion.

Screenshot_20230112-122056_Chrome.jpg

Problem solved. ;)

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    It's not necessarily like that .

If it is truely not mentioned in contract/ general orders/ employee handbook/ written policy/ etc , there is nothing to ask forgiveness for . Worst case , they could create a new rule from that time foreward , but you would have a one shot free pass .

If you formally ask , they could/ would create a brand new policy just to spite you .
    I agree, don't ask. As long as you are doing everything right (legally, concealed, know how/when/why you are carrying) then you have little to worry about. If you ask its likely they will make or change rules to work against you. Many businesses today see it as a liability especially if they 'allow' people to carry. Some business' love it. Smart businesses would find a way to make it work.

somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    For a Little Crappy Pistol (LCP)? Yes. Weight is an issue with belly bands. Just don't carry a real pistol with a belly band that will weigh it down.
    I will try one out; I will be trying different ones while at work so why not one more.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    your pants are too tight if you can't hide an lcp , i carry an lcp in a sticky holster ( yes , it's a thing ) when i'm wearing cargo pants , gun and holster in the pocket , spare mag in the cargo pocket .

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission? Seems like a good idea to try at your place of employment.
    No most companies would automatically discharge you if that is called out in their employment literature. It’s a liability concern for the employer particularly if they make exceptions to a published rule. We term anyone who is in possession of a weapon on company property and have had to weigh on those cases many times.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    No most companies would automatically discharge you if that is called out in their employment literature. It’s a liability concern for the employer particularly if they make exceptions to a published rule. We term anyone who is in possession of a weapon on company property and have had to weigh on those cases many times.
    I was being sarcastic about seeing if it was a good idea.

If the company has no rule and you are caught with a firearm you can bet they will have one in the very near future. They may still terminate you but you would a least have a legal case that it was not stated as company policy. But why would you want to risk getting fired unless your company allows you to carry a weapon?

Maybe the OP can shed some light on the size and type of company he works for?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I talked my boss into getting his own permit...

I'm with Bigfoot...If there is no written rule against being armed, then there is no rule to violate. If they find out and don't like it, they can make a new rule. At that point, one must evaluate the value of the job vs the value of being armed.

No 'desk pops' though...

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    It's not necessarily like that .

If it is truely not mentioned in contract/ general orders/ employee handbook/ written policy/ etc , there is nothing to ask forgiveness for . Worst case , they could create a new rule from that time foreward , but you would have a one shot free pass .

If you formally ask , they could/ would create a brand new policy just to spite you .
    Exactly, especially when they ask Karen how she “feels” about the topic.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    For a Little Crappy Pistol (LCP)? Yes. Weight is an issue with belly bands. Just don't carry a real pistol with a belly band that will weigh it down.
    I carry a commander size RIA in mine, no problem. 7+1 .45 acp goodness. Also I'm a fat old white guy, not a slim trim youngster. That may or may not make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom